1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

players you wish the rockets kept

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by johnnydeezy1, Sep 3, 2010.

1. vcchlw

vcchlw Contributing Member

HAKEEM OLAJUWON

2. drich

drich Member

Les and CD did what they were suppose to do, make it seem as Morey did the draft and trades. This was basically a PR move that's it. CD did more dumb than good. Just look at Cato, Maloney, Eddie, Barkley, And Rudy just to name a few.

3. BetterThanEver

BetterThanEver Contributing Member

Yao is the annual foot injury that needs to traded. Griffin was a failure. Francis was ok, but CD just got lucky that he was drafted by Canada and demanded a trade.

We all know Morey was ready to roll the dice on high upside Brandon Roy, when we were in the chatroom with Clutch.

4. ASidd_1990

ASidd_1990 Rookie

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/wWG90QxxYhc?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/wWG90QxxYhc?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

5. thetatomatis

thetatomatis Member

Hakeem the Dream. Wanted him to retire a Rocket. No matter how much he declined he was always pretty effective a center anyways.

6. clutch citizen

clutch citizen Contributing Member

Hands down for me....Robert Horry

I hated the Barkley trade

7. cambyrd

cambyrd Member

Eduardo Najera - drafted by the Rockets in 2000 and traded to Mavericks for Dan Langhi. I always thought that Najera is exactly the type of player the Rockets needed to provide toughness, heart and hustle. Can't believe I'm the first to mention him.

Hakeem Olajuwon - should have been allowed to play as long as he wanted so he could retire as a Rocket.

Sam Cassell and Robert Horry

8. albuster

albuster Member

Moses Malone

9. IndoRockets

IndoRockets Member

5 vs 0 fast break?? :eek:

Vernon Maxwell anyone?

10. Rockets_Truth

Rockets_Truth Contributing Member

Cassell

Mobley

Horry

Posey

Landry

11. got em COACH

got em COACH Contributing Member

[​IMG]

SCOTTY BROOKS
    :grin: !!! Ultimate Bench Cheerleaders. He would pour his heart and soul during the rockets 94 championship runs on the bench even though he never play. I remembered when the man CRIED when he got TRADED. That's how attach he was. A stage 3 clinger

12. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

Elvin Hayes.

Don't get me started on the Big E trade ...

13. danoman

danoman Contributing Member

14. rocketblaze

rocketblaze Member

15. Landry92

Landry92 Member

Instead of Panicing and getting Chuck Maybe we couldve won something with Cassell And Horry .. That's just speculating cause I wasnt around back then ..

But with my Name isnt it obvuois ..
    MANDRY :(

16. michaelconnor22

17. rocketsmetalspd

Sam and Horry. Man that trade was curse in the end. :mad:

18. Scarface

Scarface Supremely FocASSed
    Supporting Member

Robert Horry, Sam Cassell, Chucky Brown, and Mark Bryant. I hated Charles Broccoli. I hated the trade then and hate it even more 14 years later. Acquiring him was the death of this franchise.

Mario Elie... How are we on page 6 and no one has mentioned him... my apologies if I missed someone saying Super Mario. I remember the game he had against us in the Alamodome and he hit the last second three pointer and he runs up to the camera and shouts "they should have never let me go!" Yeah that one hurt.

Avery Johnson was a good player for us and you could tell he had a future. He clearly outplayed "Sleepy" Floyd and was at least 5-6 years younger if I recall correctly. Needless to say we picked the wrong guy to keep.

I also liked Amigo, not a great player but was good offense off the bench.

19. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Kenny Thomas. At the time, We thought we had a logjam at PF with Mo Taylor, lotto-pick Eddie Griffin, and the first-coming-of-Carl-Landry Kenny Thomas. One of them had to go, so they shipped out Kenny while the others became complete duds (for reasons outside their control, admittedly).

20. FadeAway_Dreams

I hated to see Mobley go. I was ok with Francis leaving and bringing in Tmac at the time but losing mobley sucked.

I didn't like losing Cassel and Horry either. Even when Barkley was doing an awesome job cleaning the glass I was constantly thinking what the team could have been doing with the other (younger) guys.

I'm excluding people like Rudy Gay and Richard Jefferson because they were never really part of the team. Looking at what they've done I would like to have seen them on the team but I can't actually miss what I didn't have so to speak.

On lesser notes I wish they would have kept Padgett, Posey and Kevin Willis around. Sure some were FA situations but that doesn't change my view.

Oh and I wish Rodrick Rhodes had the shooting ability to go along with his size, speed and fearless play so they would have had a reason to keep him.