1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

players win total

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by smoothie, Oct 29, 2001.

1. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

players win total (week 1)

what do you guy's think about counting the # of games each player wins for us (game winning shot, triple double, etc) to get an idea of his value?

if 2 people have a good game the W is split. if 3 or more have a good game, rudy gets the W.

this is kind of like what baseball does with pitchers, eccept anyone on the team can get a W.

#. name-W's
    1. franchise-1.5
    2. cato-0.5
    3. cat-0
    4. rice-0
    5. k9-0
    6. moochie-0
    7. kev-0
    8. walt-0
    9. griff-0
    10. morris-0
    11. torres-0
    12. collier-0
    13. langhi-0
    14. brown-0
    coach. rudy-0

you guys are going to have to help me out by posting who you thought should get the W for last nights game.

#1 smoothie, Oct 29, 2001
    Last edited: Nov 2, 2001
  2. goophers

goophers Member

Sounds like a good idea but do you count losses as well (i.e., letting a guy score a game-winning shot on you, bad turnover, etc)? Also, can you get a 1/2 like in football guys get credited w/ a 1/2 sack?

3. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

I wish there was a place to get +/- stats like in hockey. The rockets score-opponents score while a player is on the floor.

4. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

+/- stats would be fun to have, and counting 1/2 W's is not a bad idea but those are done in other sports. this is basketball and we should have our own stat tracker.

goophers- i was thinking of counting losses, but there is not always a player at fault for a loss. with wins you could just take the leading scorer if no one else, but how find one player that caused a loss if we get blown out by 20 and shoot 30% from the field?

and what if steve has a triple double but misses the game winning shot? should he get credit for the loss?

or if we are down by one and cat turns the ball over in the final seconds...how do we know he lost the game and not someone else that missed a pair of foul shots in the first half?

sorry if i accidentaly came off as a little defencive :eek: of course i am open to any suggestions

:cool: :p :cool:

5. cson

cson Contributing Member

Love this idea!
    Kinda game by game MVP's to find out the real deal...love it!

6. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

So what happens when Steve gets his triple double, Griffin blocks 10 shots, Mobley hits the shot to force overtime, and Moochie hits the game winner in overtime?

... 'cause you know it's comin'. :D

7. RockenRam5

RockenRam5 Member

How bout when a player gets 'rocken' in the Clutch recap, that will be a W. WHen he gets rocked, a L. Only when the team wins or loses can he get a W or an L

8. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

if that happens as you predicted i'll give you the win!

9. Tmo

Tmo Member

what about giving each player a win or loss or DNP for each game?

10. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

should cato or steve get the win? steve won the game on the offencive end in overtime but cato played some crucial D.

11. BayouRocket

BayouRocket Member

I like this idea too, so I looked through last years Clutch recap and determined the win-loss records for last year.

Assumptions:
    I used a combination of the headline and the rocking'/got rocked awards.
    1. In order to get the win, the team must win. To get the loss, the team must lose.
    2. If one player is MVP/LVP that game, they get the win/loss
    3. If two players are MVP/LVP, they each get 0.5 win/loss
    4. If more than 2 player are the MVP/LVP for the game those go to Rudy.
    5. Refs can also get wins and losses.

This is subjective so if someone else does the same thing, the totals may be a little different.

FOR 2000-2001 SEASON

Francis 10-6
    Mobley 6.5-4
    Dream 6-1
    MoT .5-3.5
    KT 3.5-1.5
    Moochie 2-0
    Cato 1-0
    Los 1-0
    Bull 1-1.5
    Walt 1-4.5
    Shandn 0.5-4

refs 0-2
    Team (Rudy) 8-9

------------------------------------------------

So for last night's game I would give 0.5 W to each Cato and Francis

12. BayouRocket

BayouRocket Member

Does anybody think that we should do this throughout the season?

How do y'all think the W's and L's should be awarded/split up?

13. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

thats what i'm doing ;)

BayouRocket - i love your 3rd and 4th points, and i will count the W's like that

14. alley-oop

alley-oop Member

Great idea!
    IMO a few plays should not determine a players importance to the win or loss. It should be a MVP ranking. Whose game for that day was most important to the teams success. Who ever performance stands out the most is the MVP of that game. For losses it should be the same. If a paticular player has a terrible game that leds to a loss then they should get some sort of negative MVP. Francis should get the MVP. Could even give a point system for best defensive player each night on the same type of point system. Cato should get DMVP. Just a thought.
    Keep up the good rebounding and hustle Cato:D

15. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

no doubt about it! all steve last night!

comments?