1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Players Only games?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by buzz1701, Jan 30, 2019.

1. Reeko

Reeko Member

Players Only sucks on TNT or NBA TV every single time

they are monotone and boring AF...this idea by these networks needs to die, it’s a fail

Why not? and Patience like this.
  2. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Yes, players only is unwatchable. Isiah tries to do some semblance of Play-by-Play but otherwise the core function of describing the action on the floor (which is not always immediate to the TV viewer as opposed to a courtside observer) s left unfilled.

Instead it's a freewheeling assembly of color commentators conversing generally about things tehy are seeing. This is fine.

Patience likes this.
  3. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

Yes they suck. Dont seem like theyre going away anytime soon. At least they got rid of nate robinson.

4. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

More like Garbage Only

5. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

Players only is consistently the worst broadcasts of anything I have ever heard.

It is complete and utter trash...always. I can't believe how bad it is, yet they keep doing them.

RayRay10, napalm06 and Deckard like this.
  6. icewill36

icewill36 Member

hell no...now youve gone too far. i dont mind it, but some of the former players are better than others. i like steve smith a lot.

candace parker is bae

7. Pat

Pat Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

i was OK with them. Yes the play by play was weak, but I can watch the action myself. I thought JET talking about playing with Harden was interesting. It would be really interesting if they were all current or very recently retired players. I'd love to hear their opinions/frustrations with guarding Harden. Or 'Faried didnt't play like that with the me on the Net's', 'Tucker gets under my skin - or is over rated', 'all threes is easy to defend', etc. That I'd like to hear.

Williamson and saleem like this.
  8. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

Been absolutely unwatchable since it's inception. Fack NBATV and TNT for forcing that garbage on us. Mute sounds way better than Players Only trash. If I was in professional sports media I would be pissed these unqualified bums are taking jobs.

RayRay10, napalm06 and Deckard like this.
  9. buzz1701

buzz1701 Contributing Member

Maybe in a separate forum, some of that would be cool, but not while a game is on. I want play by play and commentary

10. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

This thread is brought to you by Turbo....

(5 minutes later)

Tax free.

Zeke had trouble just reading the promos last night. It was comically sad.

RocketWalta likes this.
  11. sfayner

sfayner Member

They detract and distract from the game. Seems like they have no interest in what's happening.

12. Jake Tower

Jake Tower Member

They are audio cancer.*

*like Josh Innes

payaso likes this.
  13. Patience

Patience Contributing Member

I wrote an email to Turner telling them Players Only is terrible. I’m sure it won’t do any good, but they have to be told. They must know how terrible it is.

14. buzz1701

buzz1701 Contributing Member

I saw the NFL Network has a "Players Only" show. They sit around and say some cool stuff but I bet the NFL isn't going to let them announce a game anytime soon. It just stupid...

15. Juxtaposed Jolt

Pretty sure Players Only is going to be all of TNT broadcasting in March, since Kenny and Charles are probably off to do NCAA March Madness stuff.

So if you think it's going to change or its a one-of, y'all in for a rough realization.

16. Juxtaposed Jolt

It'd be refreshing if they had a revolving door of players, instead of Shaq, Webber, Candace Parker and Baron Davis in the studio and Isaiah Thomas / Reggie Miller doing the games.

It's too bad no one is the "Tony Romo" of NBA player broadcasting.

17. BallSoHarden

BallSoHarden Member

Candice Parker is a massive hater on the Rockets and especially Harden.

18. BallSoHarden

BallSoHarden Member

They should just sync us up to the in arena sound system, make us feel like we are at the game. I think they are heading towards that with the VR headsets and courtside views?

19. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Contributing Member

They’ve kept Reggie around this long so I don’t think they gaf.

20. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

Yeah, they need to get rid of it. Dudes on there become haters and don't even follow the game. Never correct themselves. It's an annoying way to broadcast when they've got decent options.