1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Player to Target if No Salary Cap Smoothing

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by mrjohn, Nov 26, 2014.

1. basketballholic

I like Ilyasova too and I think he's probably on the short list of stretch-4 trade candidates for Morey.

However, right now Milwaukee is playing well and looking like a possible playoff team in the EC. We'll have to wait and see if they fall off into lottery territory before the price tag on Ilyasova comes down. And I don't think there's any way you're going to get Milwaukee to throw in swap pick rights. Most likely we'll have to give them a second rounder to take Ilyasova off their hands.

2. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

Clint was drafted in the first round as a developmental project. He is just the type of player that Morey will stash in RGV for a year or two. Physically he is a freak, but it takes much more than physicality to make it in the NBA. He needs to grow and mature for a while down there in the D-League.

3. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

Rondo/Bass or West make the most sense.

4. oakdogg

oakdogg Contributing Member

This should all be in the Random Trade Ideas thread.

5. mrjohn

mrjohn Member

I'm glad you brought up the point about Asik. The Rockets were fine with keeping Asik (and his salary and cap hit). He demanded out. As if qualified with my McGee mentions, if Les doesn't mind footing the bill and if we cap easily get max cap space, why not be opportunistic and get a backup C + a great pick for not that much.

Given McGees production and salary, I would say it is reasonable to expect a first round pick. For example, it cost us a first round pick to move lin - who has an expiring deal. McGee has this yr and next yr so that's 22+ owed to him vs. the 15 owed lin. And lin is useful player - producing decently at this time.

Given that the nuggets have resisted the Cavs overtures for Mosgov thus far AND drafted a C with this yrs. mid-first and that it was the previous GM that traded for McGee....I think you have enough to assume they don't have plans for McGee.

6. mrjohn

mrjohn Member

Rondo is bad from 3 and ft....Im not sure how I feel about him

7. Nivos

Nivos Member

I didn't like the way we were going with 3 stars and nothing behind them, i think Morey undersands now that having h&h with solid players around them and a good bench is the way moving forward.
    With that I like what Cannan brings to the table every game, not convinced on D-Mo still, not sure if he's tough enough but the guy got size and tallent and that's valuable.
    I actually thinks that now when D-Mo stock is on the rise it's the time to take advantage, let's say Milwakee is a good target because they want young tallented players.
    For D-Mo and 2 seconed rounders (or cappela) we could get Iliasovva + Jhon Henson who's a great tough young tallent that can play both 5 and 4 and barely get to show what he can do behind Sanders and Parker.