1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Playboy's Debut in Indonesia Causes Stir

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Lil Pun, Apr 7, 2006.

1. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Hey guys think before you post racy images ~ i'm sure none of us wants to lose image posting privileges again.

[​IMG]

2. s land balla

s land balla Contributing Member

Hey boomer, what nationality are you?

3. tigermission1

tigermission1 Contributing Member

Indonesia has millions upon millions of non-Muslims, it's pretty diverse. Although it's a majority Muslim nation, they don't follow shari'ah law 'officially', although it might be enforced in some local areas.

If as the article mentions there are more 'sexually explicit' magazines being sold over there, then it doesn't make any sense whatsoever to ban Playboy, unless you ban every other publication with similar content.

4. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Playboy w/o naked women is just a mag relying on its name brand. If people are suckered into buying the tamer edition in hopes of nudity, then there will be other people who're suckered into fighting it for the same reason.

Unless you read it for the articles.

5. finalsbound

finalsbound Contributing Member

In general, why do people buy magazines when they have a girl? Why can't we satisfy men instead of them throwing themselves into an alternate reality? Sorry it may be a stupid question, but I never knew much about those kinds of publications growing up.

6. mleahy999

mleahy999 Member

Fatimah braves it without her male guardian.

[​IMG]

7. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

It's not meant to be disrespectful to the girl, even if, understandibly, it offends the girl. It's one of those things....

8. MR. MEOWGI

MR. MEOWGI Contributing Member

Why do you buy car magazines etc. when you have one and cant even afford a new one?

It's just fun to look sometimes.

9. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

Speak for yourself buddy.

I like big butts and I cannot lie! None of my Muslim brothers can deny!

10. finalsbound

finalsbound Contributing Member

I see. I was just wondering though. That was a good response.

11. JTQ

JTQ Member

well I'm in Indonesia, it's quite an expected stir...again by this awful organization named FPI who likes to attack cafe,bar, etc and seemed to have a backing from someone powerful at the police force. This time they declared that they r going to sweep and burn any Playboy they find..heheuhe

It's pretty funny considering there's a lot more sleazy magz/tabloidz out there on the streets where kids can buy it anytime... and the problem is not the magz..but more to the distribution (magz like FHM, Playboy, ME [Male Emporium] should be sold at places with a specific permit) ...

oh yeah..for those of u who wonders about the pic, dont worry there's pretty much nothing in there, just a girl wearing a tube top corset. My guess is that they "moderated" the first issue to minimize the controversy and will get more "open" after a few editions

12. superden

superden Contributing Member

i have family that lives in indonesia (chinese born in indonesia) and i can say that they have worse problems than some p*rn. seriously. some people need to get their priorities straight.

13. Smokey

Smokey Contributing Member

So basically it's like a Victoria's Secret catalog?

I am curious so please scan :D

14. AMS

AMS Contributing Member

i dont understand this argument, just because there are some worse problems doesnt mean that a group shouldnt face smaller or what may seem as smaller problems first.

15. tigermission1

tigermission1 Contributing Member

This is pretty much a universal statement...you can make it about any one nation and you'ld be right.

16. CreepyFloyd

CreepyFloyd Member

what's the point of this random piece of propaganda?

should i post stats on how often a woman gets raped in the US or how much domestic violence goes on here?

most Muslim women wear their hijabs (head scarves) voluntarily as a sign of modesty so that people dont look at them as sex objects

if you wanna talk about women being oppressed, I wouldnt single out anyone, because this is a universal problem