1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Play Station 3?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by gr8-1, Jan 26, 2002.

1. gr8-1

gr8-1 Contributing Member

Anyone hear any news about it? If/when it is coming out? I wish there were a way you could upgrade PC consoles. I'm not sure I want to buy a new one.

2. Smokey

Smokey Contributing Member

I heard Sony was in the process of development before the Xbox's release. I don't know if it has slowed down since the PS2 has been able to hold its own through Christmas 2001. I would be shocked if Sony released it any time soon (within the next two years).

3. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

The last I heard was that IBM would take over the design of creating the microprocessor for the PS3 from Toshiba (which created the Emoticon processor for the PS2). The designing of the chip was actually supposed to take place at some IBM lab in Austin.

I don't know if any of this has changed since I heard this last which was sometime early last year.

I heard it was slated for release in 2004. :confused:

4. Nomar

Nomar Member

This system will be awesome. I hope it will be like the graphics in the Final Fantasy movie.

5. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Isn't Stone Cold the resident bbs console nerd? Or was it somebody else? Anyway, where are you guys with the man's answers? :)

6. Nomar

Nomar Member

I heard they were speeding it up. Nothing more.

7. Nomar

Nomar Member

Oh, and that it will probably blow Xbox out of the water. seriously.

8. gr8-1

gr8-1 Contributing Member

nomar, that's what I heard as well (speeding it up). I wouldn't be surprised if ps3 blows x-box out of the h20. ps2 is a hell of a console.

9. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Just because it blows XBox in speed doesn't mean the games will look significantly better.

The faster these processors get, the more time it takes to take advantage of the speed.

Ever wonder why it took 7 years to make the Final Fantasy movie?

To texture a level and model in today's world takes long enough, now you are asking us to do it in greater detail, this takes a lot more time and money.

Oh well, on we march...

DD