1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Planned Parenthood Director caught on tape selling aborted baby parts

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Commodore, Jul 14, 2015.

1. Outlier

Outlier Member

2. Outlier

Outlier Member

Giddyup summed it up perfectly.

3. Outlier

Outlier Member

4. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Their is no rationality involved in their arguments, it's a pointless to discuss with them.

5. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

Except we can all see what is a human in front of our very eye everyday. Claiming a fetus in a body cavity, that is completely dependent on the host is a human is a leap of faith. Even if it is, its absolutely not an individual human being. It's a fetus with potential to be a human.

Let's take your analogy a bit further. Imagine being told by some higher source that opening a door would launch a spear into my heart. I have no proof but I have no reason to not believe my source and thus I do not open. But that's not enough. I will punish, shame anyone that attempt to open based on my beliefs. Many do not share my beliefs and many reject my source as reliable, for very logical reasons.

No, it doesn't kill a human. Yet I'll be punished because of your beliefs. I tell you its your beliefs that I do not share. That the law do not share. That science do not share. You reject all of that and place all your faith in your personal source.

Some have doubt but after studying, realize punishment isn't effective in saving potential life. They see clearly that education and access to a different door are very effective. But you refuses even that. You take away the other door because they don't share your belief. You take away education because they don't share your belief. You aren't concern about them. About access to different door, about educating them. You only care about punishing them even when it is not effective at stopping others like them. You are selfish, uncaring and without compassion.

6. Outlier

Outlier Member

Point shown. Links provided. Links ignored. Point ignored.

"You guys are just taking leap of faith! No rationality! Blah blah blah no compassion! Pointless! Dont care what you have to say its pointless already!"

7. giddyup

giddyup Contributing Member

What is "rational" about hazarding a guess as to when humanity has been attained?

8. giddyup

So you're okay with abortion us until the baby has had the umblical cord cut?

You guys are big on shame. To feel shame, you know, you must feel guilt. So if my articulating the truth of this situation as I see causes someone to feel ashamed then maybe that is a favor to them because they are about to do something final that will last forever and can never be undone.

You know that you are living in a world where taking care of your own responsibilities is considered a punishment? Where else in your life are you granted such irresponsibility?

Just quit with the obsession on punishment. My whole aim is to get people to change their hearts and so change their minds and their decisions. You guys just want to back me into a corner on this punishment thing as if it is hopeless that people will do the right thing. People do the right thing a lot in this life. It's a sad, sad day when we stop expecting them to do the right thing with precious, innocent lives.

9. okierock

okierock Contributing Member

Whatever makes you feel warm and fuzzy about ending human lives bro...

10. Northside Storm

Northside Storm Contributing Member

I saved more lives donating to medical research than you did typing out those sentences ;)

I feel very fuzzy and warm about supporting scientists, doctors, and a set of policies that has led to historic lows in abortion rate, infant mortality, and adverse maternal health effects. Thanks for asking :)

On the other hand, I don't know why people pride themselves on saying a caterpillar is a butterfly.

#990 Northside Storm, Dec 17, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 17, 2015
  11. Northside Storm

like when you have to threaten women with jail time?

everything you proposed is the OPPOSITE of expecting people to do the right thing. if you expected people to do the right thing you'd support the staunch provision of abortion rights correlated with such low abortion rates as those seen in Switzerland. Period.

12. Northside Storm

ohh are you talking about the 20% of pregnancies that end with spontaneous abortions?

If you donated to March of Dimes, that door would be opened a whole lot less. http://www.marchofdimes.org/

13. Northside Storm

No, you can google "Prenatal Development". there, wasn't that easy?

...a caterpillar will become a butterfly. That doesn't mean it is one now. I don't know, are verb tenses something you struggle with? :confused:

----------

Yeah, except that's not what happened.

Thanks for joining the discussion on the video. There were two very specific allegations met that were proven utterly false.

Here are the results of the Washington state investigation: https://gallery.mailchimp.com/28a64...es/AG_Ferguson_Memo_Re_Planned_Parenthood.pdf

Here, I know you only watch videos, so let me summarize:

On the first count, what was a trending topic on this thread--

On the second count, your very specific allegations of Instagram via storage:

Here's what "Mengele" is doing.

oh yeah, btw, "Mengele" is working on regenerating damaged heart muscles, understanding and preventing newborn brain deformations, and solving macular degeneration with fetal tissue transfer while you're sitting on your palms singing KUMBAIYAAA

#993 Northside Storm, Dec 17, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 17, 2015
  14. giddyup

Oh, the irony.

15. giddyup

Walking right past assures that that door is never opened. Top that!

16. Northside Storm

The irony of human liberty?

like how Portugal has exponentially lower drug usage rate than the United States after decriminalizing most classes of drugs?

17. Northside Storm

...i just did. You're just talking about induced abortions. Even if induced abortions were at 0, spontaneous ones would still happen. Medical research that prevents the latter does not preclude the former going down, and would lead to an overall decrease of prenatal deaths.

fine, let me put it in words you can understand.

You see, there are two doors. You can jail everybody who goes through the first, but you'd be ignoring the fact that the second actually causes more deaths. Doing nothing about the second door, and screwing up the first door is about the worst thing you could do.

What I just bolded is what you're proposing.

18. giddyup

What's google?

19. Northside Storm

the thing you can use to become a lot more informed ;)

Sidebar: also the world's greatest data set and infrastructure for artificial neural networks

20. giddyup

My primary ambition is to change people's hearts. Would that bother you? Probably because it would dry up your research resources, I guess.

Isn't sacrificing the few to save the many some kind of war theory?

#1000 giddyup, Dec 18, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 18, 2015