1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Planet Fitness - anyone go here?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Outlier, Jun 12, 2015.

Tags:
  1. Outlier

Outlier Member

I just canceled my membership at Lifetime due to financial reasons and would like to know what's everyone's opinion about PF. it is a downer that they dont have free weight barbells in their gym and only smith machines, but then again i achieved a few years ago the biggest positive transformation in my physical appearance, getting buff by going to a gym without one. Well, that was then and this is now... And im fat again and need to lose weight. Main goal is to get fit/ripped, not really build mass.

2. krnxsnoopy

krnxsnoopy Contributing Member

Planet Fitness is a joke of a gym that panders to women and sensitive people.

3. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Go to Fitness Connection on greenspoint at 6 pm. Its prime time baby.

4. mtbrays

mtbrays Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Any gym that prohibits free weights isn't a gym.

Man up and go to a real one.

5. Scarface281

Scarface281 Contributing Member

If you were paying Lifetime Fitness prices, then 24 hour fitness or LA Fitness should look like bargains to you. Don't go to Planet Fitness. 24 Hour or LA for good gyming at good prices.

6. Outlier

Outlier Member

The only free weights they dont have are the barbells. Please explain why this isnt a real gym when i used to workout in one that was really tiny in the philippines.

7. Outlier

Outlier Member

La fitness hours blow. They are ridiculous.

And 24 hour fitness is far.

Planet fitness is the most convenient, walking distance to locations i frequently go to.

8. Roxnostalgia

Roxnostalgia Contributing Member

You should probably just go to Starbucks.

9. Scarface281

Scarface281 Contributing Member

Yeah that's why I would go to 24 hour fitness. LA fitness hours blow. 24 hou fitness locations aren't all 24 hour, but I like the clientele better. The location I go to (Westheimer at Dairy Ashford) is a pretty big gym. One downside is the location quality varies.

10. mtbrays

Supporting Member

It's the Internet, bruh. Get ready for rash generalizations.

11. s land balla

s land balla Contributing Member

I was a member of the brand new Planet Fitness in Tribeca, NYC only because it was connected to my hotel, it was brand new so all machines were in good shape (no pun), and it was only $10/month. There were freeweights, but no towels. Which is kind of gross. Then again, for the price, can't really complain.

12. mtbrays

Supporting Member

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/zZ4EraZBB00" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

13. vinsensual

vinsensual Member

It depends on what you want to do, and how you got fit in the past. From what I've heard there's one squat rack if any and they don't allow deadlifts. I don't know if that's what you mean by "free weight barbells."

If you go to their website, there's probably pictures of the specific club that's close to you.

14. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

24 hour fitness near rice just got rid of their TRX garbage and put in a 6 bar rack with tons of bumper plates. probably trying to get that sweet crossfit money but deads all day.

15. Felixthecat

Felixthecat Contributing Member

Starbucks from the Idiocracy future or present time Starbucks?

16. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Lol wut? Are you allowed to exercise there or is it just a place to check into and take an Instagram pick at?

17. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

They offer free pizza and bagels once a month!
    You go here to pretend you went to the gym when really you just sat on the exercise machines pulling the lowest weight possible why going through your facebook and instagram timelines.

**** Planet Fitness.

18. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Lulz. I've seen enough. As a Lifetimer I cant see anyway to go from Lifetime to what I'm hearing be described. No way. It's impossible.

19. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

Wait the "inside the loop, vette driving, heights guy" goes to lifetime fitness?

Was that someone else?

20. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

If you're not trying to get mass, then might as well not even pay for a membership. You get ripped by tracking macros and fit by doing all kinds of things that can be done at home or at a park. Buy an adjustable DB set, resistance bands, etc.