1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Pj Tucker Looks at ball ?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Le$$, Jan 23, 2019.

1. DavidRocket

DavidRocket Member

dude you crack me up! lol.

s3ts likes this.
  2. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

In the same game Harden secured his spot as MVP and Tucker secured his spot as Shaqtin a Fool MVP.

Hakeemtheking and BigShasta like this.
  3. Newlin

Newlin Member

This is what happened. Too many unexpected things happened in a crucial moment and Tucker's mind split.

MDA said in this kind of situation that Tucker should have been inbounding the ball to Gordon. Tucker was confused in the very beginning when Gordon stepped out of bounds to inbound the ball. The next thing that confused Tucker was the way that Gordon just dropped the ball in front of Tucker. It didn't look like a normal inbounds pass. I think Tucker was thinking that possibly Gordon was just trying give him the ball to be the person that inbounds the ball. This is where Tucker's mind just split. He went into panic mode and didn't know what to do. Tucker knew that he wasn't supposed to be the guy catching the inbounds pass at this juncture of the the game. He knew he was supposed to be the guy inbounding the ball.

It was just too much for Tucker and his mind just split.

cbs1507, B-Bob, joshuaao and 4 others like this.
  4. J.R.

J.R. Member

5. N2bnfunn

N2bnfunn Member

LOL that is funny ... Even JR Smith geezzzzz

6. phantoman

phantoman Contributing Member

if he touched the ball, they could have fouled him and he would have been at the line.....he is shooting 68%, i wonder if that is why he didnt want to touch it....

cbs1507, icewill36, Remlap and 2 others like this.
  7. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

So instead he let them grab it under their own basket?

I think it’s more plausible he had an out of body experience.

cbs1507, jboslett and Remlap like this.
  8. davidxhz

davidxhz Member

Poor PJ is gonna win this year's shaqtin by this for sure, imagine how disastrous it would be if we lost the game, hopefully they can make it fun when they show it again

9. topfive

topfive CF OG

Typical social media commenter: "Meanwhile, lazy-ass Harden just stands there and does NOTHING!!!"

AroundTheWorld and s3ts like this.
  10. topfive

topfive CF OG

PJ should show up in his best kicks to accept the award in person. Bring his buddy James with him.

11. phantoman

phantoman Contributing Member

Could be, i was just offering an explaination that could make sense... he didnt want to get Hack- a- Tucker

xtruroyaltyx likes this.
  12. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

This is what I thought. The first guy that screwed up was Gordon, not Tucker. He should let Tucker inbound the ball either to Harden or to Gordon. They were the best ball handlers and FT shooters. But Tucker still should have grabbed the ball no matter what.

13. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

I think it was just a mental mistake, bad day at the office sort of deal. We know Tuck is usually on key at late game situations.

I'm just glad we won otherwise people would have lost their **** last night.

14. bilaal14

bilaal14 Member

Gordon is an idiot for trying to take the ball out in the first place..... Tucker isnt shooting the FT well.... and Gordon and Harden should be the ones getting the ball from Tucker.

The commentators were like "he maybe thought he was on defense".... hmmmmmmm when the F*** have you seen a defender NOT GO AFTER A LOOSE BALL?!?!

GOD!!

But I think PJ was suppose to take it out, and he didnt take the inbound pass as the ball being live... because you see him turn his body to go out of bounds to take the ball out.

15. Remlap

Remlap Member

I'm thinking it's because he didn't want to have to get fouled with the ball and have to shoot FT's
    so he was thinking it was meant for James.

One thing we DO know.
    It wasn't meant to be picked up by a Knickerbocker under their own basket

16. apollo33

apollo33 Member

Was Tucker boxing out for harden to grab the ball??? That's the only explanation, he didn't want to shoot free throws

17. topfive

topfive CF OG

That's what I thought, but even after the Knick grabs the ball he just stares for a second. It's weird.

I'm thinking he must have had an episode of TBF*.

*Transient Brain Fart

18. yuko_dude

yuko_dude Member

Special Teams Player of the year, could be starting for the Texans.

BigShasta likes this.
  19. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

He was boxing out for the rebound. That's why he was where he was, right under the basket. But the ball went in, so it became an inbound play. The only logical explanation is that he knew he wasn't supposed to receive the inbound pass. Why would you want a guy like Tucker to get the ball under your own basket? That's why I said the first mistake was made by Gordon, not by Tucker.

20. khanhdum

khanhdum Member

it was just a brain cramp since he thought he was suppose to take the ball out. when gordon rolled it to him, he thought maybe he was giving him the ball to take it out and was doing that so he didn't get the ball asap to prevent the 5 second count

xtruroyaltyx and jboslett like this.