1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

PJ TUCKER A ROCKET

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rockets13champs, Jul 1, 2017.

?

Do you like the signing of PJ Tucker to a four-year, $32 million deal?

Poll closed Jul 22, 2017.
  1. YES

477 vote(s)
    84.4%
  2. NO

88 vote(s)
    15.6%
  1. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

2. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

What are you doing Durrell? So awkward.

3. OTMax

OTMax Member

Pretty much. Warriors went 9-10 deep at least last year, Rockets better prepare to go that route too or we might as well give up before the season..

saleem likes this.
  4. justtxyank

Completely agree. A team that shoots a bunch can't run 8 guys into the ground.

5. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

I count 5 chins :eek::eek::eek::eek:
    @FTW Rockets FTW

hongxingli likes this.
  6. J.R.

J.R. Member

7. Reeko

Reeko Member

I like that CP3 is taking an active role in player recruitment...he'll make a great assistant GM next to GM Harden

justtxyank likes this.
  8. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

What shoes was he wearing, though? No one has a deeper collection of Nike's.

9. OTMax

OTMax Member

Ugghh that jersey. As a player, I would seriously consider not coming to a team with ugly ass jerseys like ours.

RasaqBoi likes this.
  10. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

:confused: And that is why I didn't believe you when you said last week that Maury lost weight....

Cmon breh, Murray only goes up.....on the weighing scale and chin count

Snow Villiers likes this.
  11. Russjr2

Russjr2 Contributing Member

Good pick up for us. I know it's not the big flashy name, but this was really needed. A wing that can defend multiple positions at a high level. Adds toughness that is needed. Decent spot up shooter. We will have plenty of offense with James and Chris running around all over the place so we don't need him to score much.

I still think we pick up another vet player at some point this summer when the market cools off. Somebody will want to come here and win. Hopefully a couple of the young guys show something in summer league. Shawn Long and Ray McCallum might surprise.

12. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Morey is delusional with his comments.

Our 8 is nowhere near Warriors. Is he forgetting that we still have Anderson in our starting lineup lol...

We would be lucky to even win one game against them in a 7 game series.

I dont see anyone on this team slow Durant or Curry down and then there is also Klay.

PJ Tucker is a solid defender but not a spectacular one and we need spectacular defenders against the Warriors offense. The best he can do is matchup against Draymond. He is not quick or long enough to bother Curry and Durant, especially Durant.

For that we needed Paul George. Unfortunately he went to OKC.

But he is right that we need dynamic defenders against Warriors. Players that can switch on screens and are quick, long, and athletic to cover the perimeter.

Our starting 5 still has Harden, Anderson and Capella, neither of which can do that.

13. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

This is almost the identical tweet that Feigen put out and promptly deleted, and at the same time. Weird Rox tried to recall Feigen and Berman's tweets.

Obviously, if you send a Clutch a press release, mistake or not, he doesn't like to delete things...kudos for leaving it out there.

14. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

Yeah because its rockets lmao.

Just to make sure no one is misunderstanding me i dont have any problem with it morally.

Im questioning whether or not it is the best thing for parity and asking how do we combat golden state after kd toom the paycut?

No issues or commands or rules. Im not suggesting that we infringe on their rights to negotiate compensation to their liking. Just asking is convincing these guys to take paycuts becoming a necessary part of building championship teams?

Also ive voiced my belief that its dissapointing when other teams get guys on paycuts for other teams and it makes it harder to compete.

Im sure that kings fans are dissapointed that we get guys for cheap.

There is no morality, control, or judgment just fans talking about their ideal world of how parity can work.

Its okay as an nba/rockets fan to feel frustrated when KD helps the warriors stack the deck

;)

Os Trigonum likes this.
  15. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

tl;dr

Daddy Long Legs likes this.
  16. justtxyank

I'm in agreement. Tucker is sort of deified here for some reason. Guy is a solid but unspectacular defender and a blah offensive player.

However, Paul is an elite defender and should be able to handle Curry. The problem with the Warriors is they have elite offensive players at too many positions. You can't defend all of them and whichever one you DON'T cover with your best defender is just going to go off on you.

17. justtxyank

At least they'll all be happy playing together!

DonKnock and saleem like this.
  18. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

Liar. You read it lol

Os Trigonum likes this.
  19. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

20. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

Must've been a good angle.