1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Pizza Party!!! I NEED PIZZA!!! cheap pizza!!!

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Gummi Clutch, Aug 8, 2007.

Tags:
  1. King of 40 Acres

King of 40 Acres Contributing Member

I concur with SirCharlesFan.. read my sig to find out what happened to me the last time I had Little Skeezers.

As far as the pizza goes I'd always call in Domino's and tell them that they had passed around a flyer in my apartment complex for some kind of Any Pizza Any Way you want it deal. I'd always get a 5 topping pizza for 7.99 which came out to 8.40 with tax. But I would call ahead for such a large order and try to get some kind of deal/price break/haggle with the manager.

2. Yaozer

Yaozer Member

Do you absolutely HAVE to get pizza? Can't you get something else like nachos or something? Btw, what exactly is this foor? Work party?

I don't know if this works, but you can just get 10 medium pizzas and put a lot of MSG on it.

3. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Seriously?!? I like Little Caesar's. Not as much as Papa Johns or Pizza Hut, but much cheaper. Just don't get the round crust. Always get the square crust, it tastes much better and costs the same.

I worked at Little Caesar's for a while in college and I can tell you they don't use immitation cheese. And those pizzas are cut and boxed right out of the oven. Granted, this was 15 years ago, but I can't imagine much has changed.

4. SirCharlesFan

SirCharlesFan Contributing Member

I can assure you much has changed. These $5 pizzas people are talking about were created when all of the Little Caesar's started going out of business. It goes like this: they continually cook one topping pizzas, sit them underneath heating racks, then whenever someone comes up they sell them for $5 bucks. Do you think they are putting those same quality ingrediants in these pizzas when they are selling them for $5? You aren't getting the square pizzas in this deal.

5. DrLudicrous

DrLudicrous Contributing Member

I'm a big fan of the $5 Little Ceasers deal. It's not the best quality but it's good enough, it's cheap, and there's no waiting.

6. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

I misread your post, I didn't realize you were only talking about the $5 pizza deal. I guess you get what you pay for.

But if Gummi Clutch has to pay out of pocket, I would go with quantity over quality.

7. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

Little Ceasars is absolutely synonomous with "cheap pizza". Very serviceable pizza for the cost.

8. dsnow23

dsnow23 Contributing Member

Little Caesar's pizza is the only thing in the world that gives me heartburn. Most people with jobs don't want to be fed crap at work. Especially if it's a "working lunch".

9. vincentt

vincentt Member

New York Pizzeria 5 bucks for a two topping pizza and its about 18 inches i believe

10. Xenon

Xenon Contributing Member

I'm with you. I hope he didnt take those guys advice.

11. CoolGuy

CoolGuy Contributing Member

so where and when is the party....and what are we having?

12. Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside Contributing Member

Which location? Is this the same one as www.nypizzeria.com? The best deal I can get is like 10 bucks for a large, but with a coupon.

13. BigSherv

BigSherv Contributing Member

Why on earth are you paying out of pocket?

14. bladeage

bladeage Contributing Member

Little Caesar's is a great way to get Diarrhea.. AND for only 5 bucks! They are practically giving the Diarrhea away!

15. Vengeance

Vengeance Contributing Member

Where in Houston are you? I used to buy Pizza for my class every few months. I'd get around 12, sometimes around 20 depending on what the event was. At first, I ordered from Texas Pizza. They'd give them to me for $5 to 7. Not very good Pizza, but it was cheap. It comes in these boxes that say "God Bless America", so the kids all knew it as the "God Bless America Pizza". Very dubious quality, but they can handle any size of order, and it's reasonably cheap.

THEN I found Pizza Patron. I want to say that it's $5 for a pizza, but it may be a bit more. They can handle large orders (20+ pizzas), and the pizza is pretty decent. They have a few locations around the city, so you might have one by you. I went to the one on Bellaire near Gessner. Just the best deal for mass quantities of food that you'll ever find.

16. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

Nothing beats those McDonalds parties, and I mean nothing.

17. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Costco son, Thats where its at.....

18. Enron

Enron Member

I actually like little ceasars and their 5 dollar pizzas lol But more often than not i go with local places. I hate dominos/pizza hut/papa johns