1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Pistons Possibly Trying To Land T-MAC for Billups and T-Prince

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by fbagulbagul, Jun 18, 2008.

1. badgerfan

badgerfan Member

It's worth it just to get Billups. The Rockets problems at PG have been dragging down the team for years.

2. ooliverb1

ooliverb1 Member

Billups and Hamilton? Yes
    Billups and Prince? No

3. radapharoah

radapharoah Rookie

I think Prince is a better version of battier. And I believe that it would be Easier to acquire a solid SG that is near RIP’s level. That’s why I would rather deal for prince and Billups then move battier for a SG. A player like Redd or Carter can be just as useful as a RIP.
    I think everyone agrees that PRINCE>Battier and Hamilton>= redd or carter

4. Hobbs

Hobbs Member

Billups has 4 years on his contract with the last year being a TEAM option. Not 5 years. And he's more likely to still be contributing at a high level in 4 years than McGrady and his back.

5. Cowboy_Bebop

Cowboy_Bebop Member

NO THANKS!!! All this team need is another scorer. This team was pretty good this year so why screw up the chemistry?

6. Zfan

Zfan Member

You're right. But it's not difficult to move Shane or Rafer to get someone better than Head.

7. sTeKcOr22

sTeKcOr22 Member

JR Smith would be great.

8. forchette49

forchette49 Contributing Member

T-Mac is not going anywhere, not with the FA class of 2010 on the horizon. Plus, the T-Mac and Yao show sell too many tickets. You guys think the Toyota Center looks empty now?! Wait till we get 2 ex-Pistons for T-Mac...

9. Yao4REAL

Yao4REAL Member

If this deal is on the table...you got to do it...i mean i am tired of Tmac streak shooting and bad shooter at the FT line. With Billup and Prince, we have 2 legit superstars. Why can't you have Prince play SG??? I don't see a problem there.

10. sTeKcOr22

sTeKcOr22 Member

Fixed. We had a good PG in Steve Francis, he just wasn't surrounded with talent.

11. badgerfan

badgerfan Member

Prince isn't getting enough love in this thread. Great D, team player, quiet professional, scores the ball well.

12. NIKEstrad

NIKEstrad Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Hobbs -- You're a Pistons fan, right? What's your take on all of this?

13. badgerfan

badgerfan Member

Francis was never a pass first kind of guy and he was gimped last year. The glaring weakness in the current roster is Alston and his sub .400 shooting %.

Billups is legit, he can score, he can distribute, he can penetrate. If he's on the table for T-Mac I say hell yeah.

14. radapharoah

radapharoah Rookie

Yes his and Camby’s D make that team a defensive juggernaut :rolleyes:
    Lets not go overboard here. I would take JR if we could get him for the MLE, but lets not Fantasize and forget what the guy truly is: A blackhole that never took a shot that he didn’t like, plays matador defense and is a cancer

15. Mango

Mango Contributing Member

What would JR Smith cost in a S&T? Would Denver prefer Prince (who makes more than Shane)?

16. Sooner423

Sooner423 Contributing Member

I'd give Rafer in a SnT for Smith, nothing more. That would be a nice paycheck for JR.

17. sTeKcOr22

sTeKcOr22 Member

Not really, it is the bench. Alston is good enough, he just needs to cut back on shooting 3's, penertrate more.

Battier is more of a problem than Alston. He can stay on the team, but he can't be camping the 3 point line like that, he can post up and drive more.

18. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

I would do this deal. Billups is a Championship calibur PG and Prince is an upgrade over Battier. And as much as I love Batter and what he brings to the team, he's getting up there in age and it's only a matter of time before putting him on the opponent's best player backfires on us.

Like Battier, Prince is a do it all kind of player who is young and I think would compliment Yao very well. This deal would make Alston and Battier very expendable and I think Morey could get a scorer (Maggette) out of a package like that.

19. kevC

kevC Contributing Member

I would be all over Billups+Prince for T-Mac. I think Prince can play the 2. He has great handles.

20. Hobbs

Hobbs Member

Yes, I am. I think it is a possible deal. Dumars has said he's going shopping for a superstar and McGrady most likely qualifies.

As for my personal opinion, I don't like it. McGrady is incredibly inefficient recently (fg%, ft%, 3 pt%) and his back is a huge risk. Making this trade, from a Detroit perspective, is gambling that McGrady can turn back the clock about 5-6 years. Billups and Tay are not superstars, but they show up every night and put you in a position to win during the regular season and playoffs. And winning is what it's about.