1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Pistons Possibly Trying To Land T-MAC for Billups and T-Prince

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by fbagulbagul, Jun 18, 2008.

1. WNBA

WNBA Member

then everyone has to make plays for each other. Isn't it what Adelman's system all about?

2. tharges

tharges Member

You are dead on! Who?

3. sTeKcOr22

sTeKcOr22 Member

It won't happen. I don't want it to happen. Plus this is a stupid trade for us.

Billups is declining, Tayshaun can't pick up the scoring load, and if Yao get injured, can these two help us win game without him? Seriously doubt it.

People are just saying McGrady's name to stir up crap, Morey wouldn't trade these two guys for him. The thing is that they already said that they will build around Mac/Yao so why do we still have these threads about trading one of them? No team will trade for any of Detroit players unless they have a troublesome player(Melo) or they are going to get a steal. So Dumars is stuck in this situation.

4. Sooner423

Sooner423 Contributing Member

Then you could move Battier and a couple assets for Turkoglu and have a starting lineup of (if supposed rumors or speculation are true):

Billups
    Prince
    Turkoglu
    Scola
    Yao

That's pretty nice. Yao would have all kinds of room to operate with all those shooters on the floor. A slasher type coming off the bench would be beneficial to that lineup (Stevie?).

5. tharges

tharges Member

JR Smith is who we need.....Think about it...A scorer can d up guys....shoots the 3 from range and can take it to the hole.

6. Sooner423

Chauncey B-B-B-Billups!

7. radapharoah

radapharoah Rookie

I would do it. Then move battier and bjax for a solid two. maybe even a vince carter. I can dream cant I?
    Yao/hayes/deke
    Scola/landry/hayes
    Prince/CDR
    Carter/??
    Billups/brooks

8. farrisdabis

farrisdabis Member

On paper that looks like such an awesome line-up. I like it a lot.

9. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

jeez, I don't know, a multi-time all star PG in Billups may fill the role

Not sure under what fantasy universe you live in where the Rocket two injury prone stars will be older yet healthier, because the longer you wait for that train the less llikly it is to pull into the station. Also despite the weaker supporting cast, the two stars were good in 2007 but obviously not good enough.

10. Rocketeer

Rocketeer Contributing Member

Think we have a hard time scoring now? This is a dumb trade, plus Billups NEEDS shooters around him to me fully effective. We have none of those on our roster.

11. WNBA

WNBA Member

We need scorers, not jump shooters. this trade give us a chance to get 3 scorers by trading away one.

12. badgerfan

badgerfan Member

Hell yeah, Billups is a legit point guard. And I love Tayshaun Prince.

13. tharges

tharges Member

You really think he has five years left? That is his contract starting at 10 million this year. Plus he doesn't play any D, why has Dumars given up on him?

Also keep in mind staring over with new players and each other getting to know one anothers game Etc. Why waste anymore time we are there we just need a tweak here or there.

14. radapharoah

radapharoah Rookie

prince is a shooter. And if you make this deal you Obviously don’t stand pat afterwards. That’s when you have to get creative and make another move for a solid shooter/SG
    I Guarantee you that a combination of Battier + Bjax can net you someone like Redd, Carter, Ect…

15. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

I wouldn't do it. Hamilton plus Billups is the only one I would consider but I wouldn't be sure of that either.

16. sTeKcOr22

sTeKcOr22 Member

Since when was Tayshaun a scorer? Trade T-Mac, and you will regret this idiotic move for years. Carmelo is more likely to end up in Detroit.

17. Sooner423

Yeah, Battier would need to be moved for a scorer in my opinion. Although, it would be interesting to have 2 lock down defenders on the perimeter in Battier and Prince. If they keep Battier, they should go for Hamilton rather than Prince.

18. okierock

okierock Contributing Member

At first that would seem like a nice roster. But start puting that team against the top teams and start thinking defensive matchups. That team would suck defensively and we already complain about our lack of athleticism.

No thanks.

19. tharges

tharges Member

Agreed its 50 cents to the dollar.....I have never been high on McGrady but he is a better fit than the proposed trades here. I think we need JR Smith, cheap, can play D, drive it to the hole, can shoot the three.....Think about it am i the only one seeing the potential in this guy. I know he is a knuckle head but perhaps Mutumbo can get in his ear....... :confused:

20. badgerfan

badgerfan Member

Deal Rafer. Deal BJax (expiring contract). Deal Francis if he's gimped (expiring contract). Maybe take a shot at dealing Head, although I think Luther gets too much hate and not enough credit. Get somebody who can shoot from the outside consistently.