1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Pippin b****in'

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Free Agent, Apr 5, 2003.

1. dn1282

dn1282 Member

Supporting cast around pippen? Since when did he become the main player on ANY team? stupid...:rolleyes:

2. PiPdAdY33

PiPdAdY33 Member

No need for name calling, Mj won Pip his titles, I'd hardly say that, does anyone here think that Jordan could have won a title w/o Pippen. If so why did he never win a title when he was by himself, I would have loved to have seen Pippen in his prime guard Jordan, he probably would have done the best job on him. Pip is the best perimeter defender of all time and a pretty good offensive player. Offensive isn't just about who can score the most points, it's also about who can set up their teammates, which is another way of winning, the way that Pippen and his unselfish nature preferred.

3. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Trading Kemp was a bad move?????

Rocket River

4. dn1282

dn1282 Member

Who are you to say that MJ wouldn't have won the titles if some other idiot had arrived instead of pippen? Maybe it just took him 7+ years and Isiah's decline to beat the pistons. Don't associate MJ's success with the coincidence of the arrival of pippen. That's a super false conclusion. Hell...I'm sure MJ could have done it even if it was Toni Kukoc who arrived first instead of pippen. But if you want to associate MJ's success on something, why not say it was the arrival of Phil Jackson and the triangle that took them over the hump?

5. A-Train

A-Train Contributing Member

Pippen has to be the tallest guard in NBA history...

6. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

Who are you to say that he would?

I know you hate Pip (I do as well), but ya gotta give him his props. Everything you mentioned is your opinion. In my opinion, Pippen was one of the greatest defenders ever when he was in his prime. He was the perfect complimentary player to Jordan because he could score when needed, and he could disrupt a game defensively (how many other idiots in history could do that, especially SF's). Sure, Jordan was scoring all the key buckets...getting all the glory. However, it was Scottie checking Magic, Drexler, and disrupting the Pacers and Jazz offenses.

Jordan never won squat until Pippen (and Ho. Grant) came into form. Actually, Pippen took the Bulls further than Jordan ever did.

7. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Quote from Pippen

"There is a mutual respect. Our relationship is great. We understand what this business is about. He probably appreciates me a lot more now that he plays with those knuckleheads. I appreciate him more because, when you have another guy at your level, you can both bring your teammates up. He is pulling these guys, and I am pulling (other guys) up. When you are the only one up there, it is hard to bring them all up and get them to play at the level you play.”

This guy is so full of himself its crazy. Who the hell has he ever pulled up. And Jordan is on HIS level. Some one put this guy out of his misery. He really doesn't understand Jordan made him the player he is. He had the talent, but could you imagine his whiny ass having to be the leader.

8. dn1282

dn1282 Member

Right. :rolleyes:

9. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Yeah, My team sucks. We are losers. What a cheerful leader!

Me vs. the knuckleheads, haha.

Hmmm. . . Jordan at my level. :eek:

10. Severe Rockets Fan

Severe Rockets Fan Takin it one stage at a time...

Oh, I don't know...its might be called improving his game, maturing as a player. I guess those are all a little tough to understand to you. I'm sure those titles had everything to do with Pippen. :rolleyes:

11. TCDREAM

TCDREAM Member

pippen is such a loser, he thinks of himself very highly doesn't he.

12. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

If you actually believe this, then feel free to change your handle to dopehouse.

13. PiPdAdY33

PiPdAdY33 Member

Icehouse is one of the few logical people posting here, I'm sure several other people agree with me, but they just simply don't feel like getting into the arguement. Over something thats already been discussed and established, that Pip was very key to the Bulls title runs. I'm thinking about a poll, it'd be nice to see how everyone feels about this situation.

14. Mr. Mooch

Mr. Mooch Contributing Member

That's exactly what I was thinking right before I read this.

A poll would be great, so you and Icehouse will be the only two in favor of Pippen in whatever question (lol) and me and every other countless illogical poster will continue the beautiful art of bashing a cancer.

15. PiPdAdY33

PiPdAdY33 Member

I'm sure there are more people in favor of Pippen, most people bitter on him are Rockets fans who are still holding a grudge. I solicit the opinion of people who remember watching Pippen and aren't bias against him, because it's easy to call even the greatest of players a bad player, simply because you have something personal against him.

16. Mr. Mooch

Mr. Mooch Contributing Member

I don't have anything against him, I don't hold a grudge. But I think he stinks. I think he's a whiner and can't deliver when he is needed.

A lot of money was spent on him to come to Houston. Barkley took a paycut for instance. What did Pippen do as a Rocket?

From the get-go, I never really liked him. I was skeptical of the trade in the first place. I knew he was a whiner in Chicago, always complaining about the two Jerry's (of course who didn't). He always complained about being BEHIND Michael. Well, coming to Houston was his chance to shine. He dulled it quickly. he then was given a second chance in Portland. he still hasn't performed up to the expectations of him.

17. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Pippen was critical to the Bulls championships no doubt, but to say he took the Bulls further than Jordan ever did is stupid. If he had written that Pippen was the missing piece, that's fine, but taking the Bulls further indicates he was a better player, which is unfathomable.

BTW, saying a poster is logical because they agree with you doesn't lend to any creditability.

18. verse

verse Contributing Member

personal feelings towards pippen aside, no one here can disagree with what pippen said about the bluntblazers...

19. Puedlfor

Puedlfor Contributing Member

Gee, Pippen b****ing - that never happens. Whiny b*stard.

Pippen was right though, Trade Bob made some stupid trades. Pippen just forgot to mention that trading for his heartless ass was the worst one.

1.8 Seconds.

20. RocketsPimp

RocketsPimp Contributing Member

My god! What an irresponsible, self-centered, egotistical prick! I mean I knew Snottie Quitten was a punk ass biyatch, but this takes the cake! First off, I can't believe he is putting himself on the same level as Jordan. Someone needs to tell him that there is MJ and then there is the rest of the history of NBA players, including his b**** ass. Secondly, it's amazing how he passes the blame so easily when he can't win without Jordan. I swear I would love to meet him in person and ask him who he blames for being one ugly mofo.