1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Pippen asks to be traded...

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by ScreamingRocketJet, Dec 18, 2002.

1. PiPdAdY33

PiPdAdY33 Member

Dirk's got no D, his passing can't compare to Pippen's and if not for his 7 foot body he probably wouldn't be getting any rebounds. Dirk is also pretty soft inside, please hold your Dirk praise, we'll talk when he wins an NBA title.

2. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

Your funny. Maybe you should try selling some beach front property somewhere in Oklahoma. I am thinking you would have no better luck selling that crap than the crap you are trying to sell here.

Why not hold your praise for Quitten until he proves he can do something with out MJ.

Quitten is a quitter, cancer and looser. With out Jordan Quitten has accomplished absolutely nothing.

With out MJ holding his hand he was a cancer in Chicago constantly complaining about not being treated fairly and refusing to play in play-off games because he did not get his way.

With out MJ he was a cancer and a failure in Houston by constantly complaining and taking shots at a player that took a multi million dollar hit in his wallet to help bring Pippen to the Rockets. Pippen quit after only one 50 game season.

Now Pippen is a cancer and a failure in Portland. Cry Pip Cry.

I wonder why Seattle was so eager to trade his whining ass to Chicago?

Quitten epitomizes everything that sports should not be about. Don't quit! Don't turn on your teammates! Don't be a poor sport! Quitten is a cancer not once but three times in three different cities. I wonder how far the Bulls would have gone in the 94 play-offs if Quitten had shown just a little solidarity with out abandoning his teammates during a game and been a team player. We will never know.

3. Severe Rockets Fan

Severe Rockets Fan Takin it one stage at a time...

Hmm, no. We'll talk when quitten can actually win something w/o Jordan on his team...until he does that, your creditablity is a big goose egg.

4. PiPdAdY33

PiPdAdY33 Member

All you guys can throw up is how many titles did Pippen win w/o Jordan, I'll ask this question, how many titles did Mj win before he was teamed with Pippen. Pippen is the complete player, he is an example for anyone who wants to learn how to play the game the right way.

5. Severe Rockets Fan

MJ won the same # of titles w/o Pippen as Pippen won w/o MJ. ONE EXCEPTION...Pippen was on a GREAT portland team and showed his great leadership and superstar skills by letting HIS team choke in a game 7 WCF...Jordan would NEVER have let that happen, you're incredibly biased if you can't see that. Hell, Phil Jackson didn't want Pippen taking that game winning shot in the playoffs the year jordan was out because he knew Quitten couldn't do it...he took SP out of the game at the end and let Kukoc shoot it! Better than Jordan? LOL. I thought you were always kidding when you would come in here and schmoose over quitten with your posts...now I know you aren't kidding...and thats really sad. I know he's your favorite player, but jeez, wake up and see what the world already knows.

6. PiPdAdY33

PiPdAdY33 Member

What's to know I'm fool for thinking that Pippen is the best all around player of all time, some would on this site would argue that those who consider Jordan the best are foolish in their own right.

I think we should all be happy that Jordan was gone for that period, because had he not left, we would have never gotten our two championships. And who knows what this website would be called.

And as poorly as the Lakers are playing this year, I think the Championship is open which presents Pippen with another chance to win, if not he'll join the Lakers next year and fix their problems and take them all the way.

7. francis 4 prez

francis 4 prez Contributing Member

first of all, no one is saying quitten is better than jordan (at least i hope PiPdadY33 isn't). however, comments like the bulls could have found a lot of other people to fill quitten's role are insane. what, the role of being on the all nba defensive 1st team 8 times i believe? the role of always guarding the other teams best perimeter option? the role of hitting clutch shots (not the buzzer beaters but always the run-killers or run-finishers (if the bulls were on a run))? of scoring almost 20 a night? while jordan was the better player, it is true he won exactly as many titles before quitten as quitten has won since jordan. plus, the first season w/o jordan, the bulls won 2 less games than the season before and still went to the conf semi's w/o any replacement for jordan. and the role player quitten led the team in points, rebounds, assists, steals, and blocks. how is that not showing you can lead??? only dave cowens had or has done that. there's a reason we were all glad quitten was coming to this team. now since jordan he has gotten older (the bulls were already old when the broke up, that's why so many of the players suck from that team, not all b/c they didn't have jordan) and he's like 38 or something and is avg to below avg now. the only knock of him being top 50 would be he was a problematic teammate (kukoc shot, stuff w/ rockets) but it didn't seem to stop any titles, and he wasn't dominant offensively (although he avg'd 20 sometimes) but i would say he did a lot toward making up for it on defense where he is one of the best ever. whether he should be top 50 i suppose is up for debate but to make it sound like he's surefire not top 50 is not right.

and this dirk stuff. are we only considering scoring or something. obviously, he's a freakin badass on offense being able to shoot 3's, drive, and post but by most accounts (even his coach last season i believe) he's not the greatest passer, and most will say his D sucks. shouldn't all around game come into play? i'm not saying dirk couldn't finish top 50 but lets not just look at scoring.

anyway, i hate quitten but i also don't like complete nonsense (at least IMHO) being posted just b/c we all hate him. now if you wanna talk bad about flopton or karla, then i'll join you.

8. crash5179

Right. Pippen quitting on his team in the 94 play-offs in the last few seconds of the game because he was upset that the play was not going to be run for him was the right thing to do. It's just the type of thing all athletes should learn.:rolleyes:

9. PiPdAdY33

PiPdAdY33 Member

No I'm talking about doing everything your team needs for you to do. It's really easy to point at one play of one game, a long time ago and hold that against Pippen isn't it, he took the team all the way to playoffs, why shouldn't he have had the shot. He was the MVP of the all-star game that year.

10. crash5179

It was not just one play in one game. Pippen complained about the management of the Bulls that entire year and was all but gone until MJ came back.

He pulled the same crap whining and sulking to the public when he was on the Rockets and now he is doing it again on the Blazers. Those are not leadership qualities! Not even close.

And you want to know why Quitten should not have taken that shot in the play-off game then it is simple. Tony Kucoc took that shot for the same reason that Jim Paxson or Steve Kerr took many of the critical and sometimes game winning shots in big games when MJ was on the floor. But for some reason I never remember MJ refusing to go back out on the court when the team needed him.

In Houston Mario Ellie was never the best player on the Rockets but if Hakeem had thought like Scottie Quitten then Ellie would have never hit a game winning shot and the Rockets would still be with out an NBA championship.

Both the Rockets and Lakers had better be happy that Robert Horry is not ignored at the clutch moments of basketball games because simply because he is not considered the best player on the team. Imagine if Shak or Dream had refused to return to the floor because a play was designed to get Horry an open look at the arc.

Scottie Quitten is not a team player and has never exhibited leadership qualities. He is and always has been over hyped because he played with MJ.

11. PiPdAdY33

PiPdAdY33 Member

"Scottie Quitten is not a team player and has never exhibited leadership qualities."

Okay with that statement alone I'm certain you know absolutely nothing, I'm done with you.

12. Severe Rockets Fan

Crash knows nothing? Look at your sig. How do you explain quitten being the best all around player when Jordan was named to the defensive team more times than Pip...3 more times. Jordan avg. more steals, had a higher fg and ft %, and actually won MVP titles..unlike the 'best all around player'. MJ was a 10 time first team NBA player...Pippen 3 times. "pippen was the allstar mvp." :confused: so was glen rice...his he better than jordan too? Oh, Jordan was Allstar MVP 3 times. Jordan is equal to Quit in just about every other stat...rebounding, blocks, assists...quitten doesn't having anything significantly better than Jordan, in ANY stat. Its pretty silly of you to say crash knows nothing when you bolster an opinion that clearly conflicts with solid NBA stats...and results. What do they say about that river in Egypt? Again, wake up and see what the world already knows.

PS: What do you mean by WE wouldn't have won 2 titles if Jordan wasn't gone? You CAN'T be a rockets fan. Any rockets 'fan' that loves pippen is in clear denial of what he did to this organization with his me-first attitude...how blind are you not to see that? PipDady credibility=0 Now I'm done with you.

13. crash5179

Which Pippen leadership characteristic is your favorite? The one where he abandons his team in the closing seconds of a play-off game?

Which Pippen team player characteristic is your favorite? The one where he blasts the organization in the middle of a season and claims he is gone once the season is up?

And you say I know nothing? :rolleyes:

14. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

And nobody mentioned we did very well against the bulls in the regular season. Often we swept them. They didn't match up against us well at all so it's by no means a given that we wouldn't have won those two championships.

As to the top 50 of all time- Pippen has to be out. Tim Duncan, Allen Iverson, Kobe Bryant, Jason Kidd have all either won a ring or taken their team to the finals and they've all either won an mvp or came incredibly close in voting. I think all of those guys have firmly established themselves. Yao Ming and Dirk Nowitski on down the road are most definitely possibilities as are a lot of young players like Tracy McGrady, Steve Francis, Elton Brand and Kevin Garnett. It's going to be interesting which of these guys make it to the top 50 next and who would be knocked off. But, there is also a possibility it won't even be a top 50. It was the top 50 to commemorate the 50 year anniversary of the NBA. Perhaps the next one will be the greatest 75 players of all time, in which case, maybe Scottie will forever remain on the list, but personally, I think it's ridiculous he was ever put on that list. Am I bias? I can't deny it. I HATE THAT GUY!

15. blazer_ben

blazer_ben Rookie

PIPPEN IS w****, I HEARD AFTER THOSE COMMENTS HE'S TEAMATES ESPECIALLY SHEED AND PATTERSON GAVE HIM A LOAD sheed was or still is one of kemp's closes buddies so when he heard those comments he weas'nt pleased to say the least:mad: .i mean dogging kemp now that hes gone is cowardess, if pippen had half of kemp's class he would except a buyout like shawn did to help us out :mad: . i cant wait till these ass clown leaves our town and team next season

16. blazer_ben

blazer_ben Rookie

pippen came to portland with all sorts of promises . saying with he's leadership( yeah right ) he'll bring a couple of rings and this and that but we havent seen any of that:eek: .i have defended him for a whilwe now but he's gone too far:mad:

17. crash5179

:D ROTFLMAO!

Sorry blazer_ben I hate to laugh at you because I know everything you say is true. But it is so nice to know that this sort of Snottie Quitten crap is not happening to us any more. I feel your pain.

18. Coach AI

Coach AI Contributing Member

Pippen is a joke.

EVERY time he had the chance to be the man and actually lead a team, he failed.

Then, realizing that said fact was becoming clear as day, he found a way to haul ass to a different situation.

He did it Chicago when MJ left.

He did it in Houston.

And now he's staying true to form in Portland.

I'd take Dominique over him any day.

19. danjojo

danjojo Member

He'd consider the Lakers ? how generous of him...

Quitten is the biggest loser in the league. He has never been able to do anything on his own. If it weren't for Jordan, this guy would have been a nobody. Everywhere he has gone since Jordan retired he has sucked and stirred nothing but trouble.

Consider this Quitten: Bob's gonna ship your ass to Memphis if you keep it up

20. YaoROY

YaoROY Member

This post is all about hate. More than anything else. Pippen might not be one of the 50 greatest players of all-time, but he's not as bad as some of you described. He's one of the most athletic guard/SF in the history of NBA, and he can do a lot of different things most NBA player can't do. Even though he's not done well for the Rockets, that doesn't mean he's not a good player.