1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Pics from Portland game (12/12)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by topfive, Dec 13, 2013.

1. topfive

topfive CF OG

My girlfriend and I live in Washington state, halfway between Seattle and Portland and drove down for the game last night. We got to the Moda Center early enough to watch the shootaround and try to get some pics of the players. Here are the better ones (sorry, but my camera phone isn't so great).
    <BR><BR>
    [​IMG]
    <BR>Beverley
    <BR><BR>
    [​IMG]
    <BR>Garcia
    <BR><BR>
    [​IMG]
    <BR>Parsons' heavily wrapped back
    <BR><BR>
    [​IMG]
    <BR>back of Casspi's head
    <BR><BR>
    [​IMG]
    <BR>Donuts
    <BR><BR>
    [​IMG]
    <BR>Lin was signing the sloppiest autographs. Kinda funny -- he was pretty much just sliding a marker across the page.
    <BR><BR>
    [​IMG]
    <BR>Dwight and Harden
    <BR><BR>
    [​IMG]
    <BR>Harden leaving the court. Every other player stopped and signed a few autographs on the way on or off the court, or both. Harden just ran right past everyone.
    <BR><BR>
    [​IMG]
    <BR>Parsons
    <BR><BR>
    [​IMG]
    <BR>Dwight and Bull had a one-shot 3-pointer contest. Dwight missed, but Bullard air-balled his attempt.
    <BR><BR>
    [​IMG]
    <BR>Dwight
    <BR><BR>
    [​IMG]
    <BR>Dwight and Smith. Wish this were more in focus -- Smith was clowning on Dwight.
    <BR><BR>
    [​IMG]
    <BR>Dwight
    <BR><BR>
    [​IMG]
    <BR>AB
    <BR><BR>
    [​IMG]
    <BR>We sat with Terrance Jones's family. That's his mom.
    <BR><BR>
    [​IMG]
    <BR>My girl, proudly showing off the sweat from her fist bumps with Motiejunas (left) and Dwight (right).

5 people like this.
  2. CarolNYC

CarolNYC Contributing Member

Cool. Thanks for sharing. That's a great shot of AB!

3. Lihao

Lihao Member

thanks for sharing OP , ib4 argument about Harden's attitude :p

4. topfive

topfive CF OG

Yeah, I'm not saying Harden is like that ALL the time; I really don't know. All I know is that at this particular game, everyone else stopped to sign at least a few autographs, while Harden just RAN right past everyone. But who knows, maybe he needed to get back to the locker room for something important.

5. LCAhmed

LCAhmed Contributing Member

Awesome! Thanks for sharing!

6. Lihao

Lihao Member

Yeah too bad , it's always disappointing when players don't have time to sign a few autographs for the fans .

7. johnnytsunami

johnnytsunami Member

Great pics. How early did you go to catch them in shootaround? Always wanted to go early enough to do that, but never really knew what was too early/too late..

8. Stone Cold Hakeem

Stone Cold Hakeem Contributing Member

Great pictures! What's Moda Center like? Hoping to make the drive down from Seattle to catch a game at some point.

9. topfive

topfive CF OG

We got there about 6:00 and got into the Moda Center around 6:15. Regardless of where your seats are, the staff will let you go right up near the front during shootaround. It's a nice arena -- nothing mind-blowing, but a great place to see a game.

We had crappy nosebleed seats, but saw a notice on the scoreboard with a URL to go to if you wanted to upgrade your seats. For $35 more (for 2 tix) we upgraded to about 20 rows up behind the basket. Really good seats for a bargain price.

10. spdngyns69

spdngyns69 Member

That was awesome. Wished the team could've pulled through last night but thanks for sharing.

11. Pumpedupkicks

Pumpedupkicks Member

Thanks for sharing! Jealous you got so close to so many of the players! Was there a noticeable amount of Rockets fans?

12. CertifiedTroll

I am calling BS. That clearly is not AB. AB does not sweat.

13. topfive

topfive CF OG

He sweats when he signs autographs because he has trouble spelling his name.

There were a handful of people in Rockets gear there. Lots of Lin jerseys and a few Harden ones.