1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Picking up seattle's 10th Makes sense?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by anitasri, Jun 24, 2006.

Tags:
  1. anitasri

anitasri Member

The prospect of picking 4th is really intriguing- and doubly so with Juwan vacating his slot! ( just look at the stats)

So I am getting "greedier" - and want to pick up Seattles 10 the pick for cash a 2nd rounder at the most- and wait for an opportunity to recruit another solid role player, who knows one the PF's can tumble badly and we can package stro to lap one of them up ( prefer la Marcus or Bargnani)

We always have Carney/ Foye/Brewer/ Reddick - atleast 2 of them will be available for sure at 10.

Man if we end up with Both Bargnani and Roy- and lose Howard ( add Miles)- and have our MLE in tact- that would be close to being illegal!

2. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Where did this idea of buying Seattle's #10 originate? Is there any substance (or rumor) to this or is it just your fantasy that has no chance of coming true? Are the Sonics trying to improve their team? If so, why would they take money (max $3MM allowed?) and a 2nd rounder for #10?

If I missed the Realgm or Draftexpress article, my bad.

3. LongTimeFan

LongTimeFan Contributing Member

Ownership losing money, selling the pick. Was in an article a while back ago.

How do you get Roy And Barg?? Neither of them are there at #10

4. Diaw

Diaw Member

i thought it was their 2nd round picks they were selling :confused:

5. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

Supposedly Seattle is looking to unload their pick, apparently so much that they are willing to sell the pick.

Not sure what they are going to do, but it's an interesting thought if possible. Pickup a big man at #4 (if we trade) and then Brewer or Carney at #10?

6. Jacquescas

Jacquescas Contributing Member

if it did work out that way i'd want a Roy Foye combo... that would be a devestating backcourt that could play together.

7. drpepper

drpepper Member

You ain't kidding! and throw TMac in there............. :D

8. MaxRider

MaxRider Member

there's news mentioned Seattle is looking trade their 10th pick for a veteran
    so they can dump one of their young player in the NBADL (Robert Swift???)