1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Picking the brains

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by xiki, May 21, 2016.

1. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Mathloom you make a good point about owner/gm/coach having analignment of vision. My big problem is I feel MDA is Les' guy and NOT Morey's. I feel Morey is countering with Silas. If Les doubles down on MDA, I feel that will be a big mistake.

2. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

Totally agree, but I'm not really buying that Morey is against hiring MDA. I think it's not his first choice, but he would be on board with MDA as long as the assistant is given a good role and has great skills.

What's more interesting is:

How would you feel if you applied for a job through the owner of a company and during the interview process you heard from several people that the GM does not want you to be coach? What kind of dynamic/politics does that immediately set up?

That's why I don't believe it. MDA wouldn't take this job if Morey wasn't on board. On the other hand, I'm also not sure D'Antoni is the front runner as the media makes it seem. I think that's the leak they got and they ran with it. If Les was sold on MDA and didn't care what Morey thought, we wouldn't still be conducting interviews.

3. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

Sorry, but - - while never a KMc fan the guy did run a successful program here. I will be happy to have this team, with whomever is on the upcoming roster, respond as well to the newbie as they did to McHale.

What happened last November is the $64 question.

4. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

How many of these hires do you think will work out well in Year 1? Year 4?

I am dubious of a few, like my man Nate who moved up one seat to replace a successful coach? Horny in NY? What did Watson do to earn the removal of the interim tag? I know nada about Anderson; the others were good hires IMO.

5. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Either extending him was a huge mistake or firing him was. Which one do you think?