1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Photoshop the Pain: Rafer *freaking* Alston!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ClutchCityReturns, Nov 14, 2007.

1. ClutchCityReturns

ClutchCityReturns Contributing Member

I haven't been involved in any of the Rafer hating around here so don't label me as some overreacting whiny baby, but tonight's performance was like a punch to the throat. Nobody in the NBA should be shooting from 3 when they can't hit WIDE open threes at better than 17.9% through 9 games. Rafer is actually not horrible when he pulls up from mid range, yet it's the most rare shot in his game.

Anyway I could use a laugh. Here's my contribution.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

#1 ClutchCityReturns, Nov 14, 2007
    Last edited: Nov 15, 2007
  2. jasona88

jasona88 Member

[​IMG]

*Last year From Inside the NBA on TNT*
    Someone should show this to the team...If they dont step up...this is where there headed!

3. sab504

sab504 Member

I don't know if you were watching the game, but clyde hit the spot when he said, if you can't shoot 3s, than dont try to! He was talking about REEFER ALSTON. Apparently the guy wasn't listening to clyde though. SUCKS

4. choujie

choujie Member

Both Rafer and James are making their supporters look pretty bad right now.

5. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

So what should Rafer have done on those passes. Just stand there with the ball in his hands as the clock runs out?

Clyde is a moron. If he's open, the player has to shoot. When he passes up open shots, that disrupts the flow of the offense and reduces the likelihood of the team getting a good shot. It's the coach's call to replace the player if someone else gives the team a better shot of winning.

6. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

For the record I thought Mike James was a much bigger culprit in this particular loss ... but I've been through 161 games of hell watching Rafer Alston, so feel free to use any of my past ones.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. caffreys_irish_ale

caffreys_irish_ale Contributing Member

Rafer should not have been in the game. He should have gone to coach Adelman and said, "Coach I suck, don't leave me in the game if you actually want someone to tie the game."

8. Bobby60

Bobby60 Member

Neither Alston nor James could toss a ball in the ocean tonight. What about Head, or -gasp- Steve Francis. Don't think they could have been any worse than those two.

9. ClutchCityReturns

ClutchCityReturns Contributing Member

Steve didn't have his uniform on under his warm up, yet again. He took his shooting shirt off as soon as the game ended and revealed a white tank top.

10. dookiester

dookiester Member

that line of reasoning presupposes that the wide open 3 is a good shot. normally, that would be true, but when it's rafer alston, it isn't necessarily true. there hasn't been a single shot he's taken all season where i expected it to go in. i'll give rick the benefit of the doubt, though, as he hasn't had the benefit of watching rafer play for the past 3 seasons. it's only 8 games into this season and he had every reason to believe both rafer and james would be shooting much better than they currently are. if it continues i don't doubt he'll make a change.

11. aka ace

aka ace Rookie

We are cursed with Rafer Alston at PG. Mark my words, until we get rid of him or bench him we'll never win a championship with this plug starting. Hell I'd rather have Matt Maloney starting now, instead of this SCRUB.

Rafer needs to go back to his mecca (Rucker Park) and go back to doing his AND1/dribbling against 16 year old streetballers.

12. fadeawayjae

fadeawayjae Member

i don't hate for Rafer for not taking the shot, because it was a good rebound from Yao and he passed it to the open man. BUT Rafer wasn't going to hit that anywayz since he been a SHAQ on 3's

13. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

start da franchise!!!!

14. smasstastic

smasstastic Member

Are you kidding? This was Rafer's best game yet...hah that's not funny because it's true. How embarrassing for him. I don't have any Rafer ideas, but I've already created one for a Rocket who's played not so great lately...just waiting for one horrific game. Which Rocket am I talking about...it could be almost anyone.

15. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

If Rafer continues to shoot below 30%, I agree with you. But, even if he converted on a modest percentage of, say, 35%, that equates to an expected 1.05 points for the shot attempt, which is more or less the league average for points scored per possession. And if he's at 36-37%, as he was last season, that's actually a little higher than league average per possession. And remember, last season Rafer actually shot well above 40% from beyond the arc in the fourth quarter.

16. rocketsmetalspd

Rafer and MJ have shot the ball very bad lately. I am all for giving AB and Steve their shot at playing but RA will not let that happen.

17. rocketsmetalspd

Does RA let Steve know ahead of game time that he will not be playing period.

18. theoridgenator

I wonder what would've happened if he actually made that last shot? :eek: Would we not be bashing him? I'm not a fan of Rafer or anything, just curious.

19. Dreamshake

Dreamshake Contributing Member

Modest...at 35 percent.

If Rafer is a career .375 shooter. And as linked to already, he is the worst shooter, with enough attempts to qualify, over the last verified 27 years. How would that qualify him droping .025 lower, a modest shooter?

Unreal.

20. YallMean

YallMean Member

Battier is pain to watch right now too.