1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Philly Inquirer] Trade rumors swirling around 76ers' Iguodala(McGrady)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RocketsPimp, Jan 28, 2010.

1. RedRowdy111

RedRowdy111 Contributing Member

Yeah I think Iggy is a bad gamble. As far as Martin goes, Im actually a big Kevin Martin fan, but I do see the red flags on this injury history.

2. acefan18

acefan18 Member

If they included their 1st round pick I might include Scola.

3. W-Mac

W-Mac Contributing Member

Who do you want that we can sign? Let's face it NO top tier player (Lebron, Kobe, Joe Johnson, D Wade, Bosh, etc) is coming here....so who do you want? I think i'd take the Iggy/Dalembert deal while its on the table

4. RedRowdy111

Landry is the player teams want. Scola is a free agent, Landry is on the books for another year at $3million. ;)

Most likely, I think our hesitation on Landry will be what makes or breaks any deadline deals.

5. T FOR 3!!!

T FOR 3!!! Member

I'm sure the Rockets realize that there would be a log jam if we didnt give up someone from our core, but i suspect that morey is looking at mutliple trade possibilities. if you can save battier then maybe you could put up an offer of battier/scola/cook for bosh(idk how available he is) or some other player for another combination. i want a contender and butler/haywood dont do that even with yao back.

6. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

I love Battier and Scola but would include either with McGrady to make that deal work. Probably prefer to trade Shane.

McGrady+Shane for Haywood+ Buter+ Filler (miller?) Washington would immediately get a guy that can make a positive impact in the community....
    Seems fair.

Haywood/Andersen
    Landry/Hayes
    Ariza/Budinger
    Butler/Miller
    Brooks/Lowry

7. W-Mac

There aren't many guys that we can sign that would turn us into a legit contender...those are the Lebron & Kobe's of the world! Unless something changes and Les is willing to spend BIG money (it's a fact that you have to spend to win) we wont ever sign a top-notch player that can turn us around.

8. acefan18

acefan18 Member

Hayward and Miller are both coming of the books which would give us around 15mill to use to re-sign Scola, Lowry, and maybe a second/third tier free agent. I like the financial side of this deal, and if Butler could return to his playing form he had last year that would be great.

9. RedRowdy111

Who do we sign? I think we sign Scola and Lowry. ;)

As far as trades go, I wouldnt invest 5 years on Iggy. Just wouldnt ever do it. First of all, Philly is going to want more than Mcgrady on any deal.

10. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

I love this lineup.

11. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

REEKO-yea I do too. Plus in next year, in this offense (with Yao shooting jumpers) you can go twin towers if you retain Haywood.

12. rooney

rooney Member

you don't think D Wade and Bosh are tired of the Miami/Toronto organizations? do you think that's where they'll be next year?

13. Corpusfan

Corpusfan Member

If that's the case, no deal. I don't think any of the players mentioned are worth giving up Landry.

14. rooney

rooney Member

i agree. i think Landry still has not reached his full potential, despite what some people say

15. rterry

rterry Contributing Member

I would give up Battier in a heartbeat, but I can't imagine why Washington would covet him. I would also give up Scola although somewhat more reluctantly. Landry no because it doesn't clear enough salary off our books. If they took T-mac and Battier for Butler, Haywood, and Miller or just Butler and Haywood we would have a great deal more flexibility than the other trades being bantered around.

16. waytookrzy079

waytookrzy079 Member

True, but these BIG SPENDING teams had to do it through trade also. The only way we're going to be able get a top tier player is via trade which is what DM is attempting to do.

If we let Tracy expire, we're only left with about 8-10mil to spend under the cap. If i understand it correctly, we can sign our own players and go above the Salary Cap, but not a FA (feel free to correct me if i'm wrong or elaborate more if needed).

This is extremely difficult for us to do because we'd be having to give up KEY players (Brooks, Landry, Scola, Lowry, Battier) that have gotten us to where we are. If we part with a combination of those players, our NEW SUPERSTAR would lack role players...which is the same problem TMac had from 2004 to end of 2008. Scola and Battier are probably players we can part with, but those 2 are not going to get us a 1st Tier SUPERSTAR player.

There's no trade that we can make that will take us to the finals this year anyways... Without YAO in our lineup, realistically, the 2nd round is probably the furthest we can get.

We know chance are slim to none for Lebron or Wade coming here.

Toronto doesnt wanna trade Bosh any more

Atlanta is not about to trade away Joe Johnson with the way they've been playing this year.

Our options are very limited as it is so our best option would be to make a deal (any deal would be fine...anything would be outperforming a useless T-Mac) and work towards the free agency next summer when some other big names are available and make a play at them (Carmelo/Duncan/Nene/Z.Randolph)

17. W-Mac

Riiiiight, because Scola and Lowry are going to lead us to a Championship :rolleyes:

18. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Iggy won't. That's a fact.

19. W-Mac

Not necessarily, but it's not like people are lining up to come to Houston either.

20. herro

herro Member

cool it Ms. Cleo

you're the clown that thinks Butler and Haywood put us over the top