1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Philly Inquirer] Trade rumors swirling around 76ers' Iguodala(McGrady)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RocketsPimp, Jan 28, 2010.

1. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

so your saying, dont spend until next year when we know what Yao has left?

2. Hball

Hball Member

We truly would be in the lottery if it wasn't for brooks.

3. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

That may be the case, but I will go on record saying that losing Lowry substantially weakens our bench. In fact, in the games he has missed, our bench has no punch. Rather, it is the starters that are doing the hardwork.

4. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

No,we should look for the best offer that fits our needs for McGrady in the short and long term. I don't think Iggy can get us into contender status. I do understand where you are coming from,and I respect your opinion.

5. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

And I yours,

I guess with the CBA talks coming, having Yao AND Butler come off the books just in time for the new rules would put the Rockets in an advatageous position.

Maybe the Washington deal is the best for semi competitive next year, while being strategic going forward.

6. Scarface281

Scarface281 Contributing Member

You don't think Lou Williams would help our bench? I think he can replace Lowry fine.

7. Spooner

Spooner Member

"A source told ESPN.com on Wednesday that the Houston Rockets have recently renewed discussions with the 76ers about a deal involving Iguodala and Dalembert for the expiring contract of Tracy Mcgrady."
    http://hoopshype.com/rumors.htm

8. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Shane's 7-8 M will also come off the books at the time. I recognize the need for a role player like him,but I would rather get a younger replacement for him who can help down the line.

9. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

To be honest, I haven't watched Williams play so I have no opinion of him. I just know that we have had long droughts with mediocre pgs for years dating back to the Hakeem area, only temporarily interrupted when Cassel was drafted.

Lowry is a dynamic player who usually makes things happen, shakes the status quo. I know Kidd is a future hall-of-famer, but I would compare Lowry to a younger Kidd, including the inconsistent long ball.

It is no surprise to me Philly is rumored to want Lowry in the deal.

10. LifeisButaDream

Re: All Amare Talk Here--THREAD 2!

Postby Traxxe on Fri Feb 05, 2010 2:06 am

I did hear Houston is being too tight with McGrady and that they want more than anyone is going to offer for a big expiring. Apparently his talent is diminished according to their trainers and they still value his trade as if he is an all star or some such. They are asking way too much and giving way too little in their negotiations so I'm not even sure anything gets done there.

11. LifeisButaDream

Re: SF76 Deadline Thread

Postby sixerfan1976 on Thu Feb 04, 2010 9:45 pm

PrimeTime21 wrote:SF, is it true that has been reported in the media that they are talking with HOU about TMac?

Is Dallas willing to take Sam's contract in a deal for Iggy?

i have yet to confirm houston being back in it.....like ford says

as for dallas..they have jumped in buy cant really give us anything except expirings..no young talent

12. LifeisButaDream

Re: SF76 Deadline Thread

Postby sixerfan1976 on Thu Feb 04, 2010 10:34 pm
    i have said from the start.its not just about money..they want expirings and they want something they can use going forward....a rotation piece.

cleveland is not a good fit in a 2 team trade without hickson or danny green

dallas basically doesnt have a young player they would move(like Rod beaubois who is offlimits)..so they are debating taking on iguodala and brand together to make something work...we would dump all our long term salaries in that case....

this is gonna go the distance.....another two weeks...sorry.....

13. Rockets4279

Rockets4279 Member

The rumor of AK47 taking a physical in Houston must tell you something this coming draftday.

14. Scarface281

Scarface281 Contributing Member

Forget what this guy at some Sixers board is talking about. Is he the GM?

15. Rockets4279

Rockets4279 Member

I think if everything works out it will go through, i see Dalembert headed to Sacramento.

16. LifeisButaDream

When?

17. Rockets4279

Rockets4279 Member

That is what somebody claimed on this board about over a month ago, that he bumped into AK47 himself and said he just took a physical.

18. LifeisButaDream

I don't get it.why do it before the trade?

19. Rockets4279

Rockets4279 Member

Who knows maybe jumping the gun maybe. I have a weird feeling about it too. I just looked at salaries and if was true it means AK47+pick via NY for Yao Ming on draft day. Does this scare you? A upgraded version of Mark eaton in Utah? Think about this Wall only has a 10% chance of being drafted by NJ, considering these factors, Utah already has Williams so why would they be after Wall if this was the case? Alot of bigs in the draft AND they have a monkey wrench so does Philly in this draft.

20. rwienert

rwienert Contributing Member

If true, wonder what they'd be sending with him. Ny lottery pick? Kosta koufos? Can't imagine they're moving williams. I could see where sloan would want someone like battier for a playoff run.