1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Philly Inquirer] Trade rumors swirling around 76ers' Iguodala(McGrady)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RocketsPimp, Jan 28, 2010.

1. studogg

studogg Contributing Member

lolwut?

2. BetterThanEver

BetterThanEver Contributing Member

Only Gooden($4.5) and Howard($10.9) are expiring this year. That's $15.4 mil of cap relief.

3. BetterThanEver

BetterThanEver Contributing Member

I miscalculated. Dampier get's a $3 mil raise next season. The raise will reduce available cap space by $3 mil.

It would be $12.4 mil of cap relief($15.4-$3).

4. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

Damp contract is non guaranteed

Studdog, you don't think dallas can make a big deal? Since cuban has owned the team, they have shown they can make major trades. Walker,jamison,kidd were all big deals. The rockets haven't pulled a deal nearly as big as those since cd was gm

5. number22

number22 Member

Ha lol :cool:

6. studogg

studogg Contributing Member

oh cuban pulls the trigger. but that doesn't mean that making a big trade has made them better.

are they appreciably better with kidd than they were with harris? no.

have they made a trade that won them a championship? no.

cuban makes big trades that keep them relevant, which is good. he even takes his shots for the fences and goes big on contracts. but he hasn't shown the mental acumin to make the proper move and stick with the long plan. It's all about the quick splash, and quick return.

Morey appears to be a long investment approach guy. make the right daily trades to balance your portfolio, but keep the same strategy for the long haul. Given that he's now had a major cog go belly up, it will be interesting to see how he handles restructuring.

when CD made those trades, did they work out?

7. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Uh no it doesnt.

8. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Lowry is a good player with value,but don't assume Tracy and he will get the job done. Philly could ask for C-Bud and even possibly our 1st round pick. Just because GM's are under financial pressure,doesn't mean that they will cave in at the deadline.

A lot of hard bargaining goes on. Iggy and Dalembert can help but I don't think they can push into the elite level,and I hope Les/DM won't be seduced by this "offer".

9. RocketMania1991

If they had been seduced into this offer i'm pretty sure i'd be watching Iguodala in a Rockets uniform right now.

10. saleem

That's why I said "offer". A lot of hard bargaining is going on in my opinion,and we can't assume anything.

11. larsv8

According to Philly insider...Philly offered the Mac/Lowry for Iggy/Dally/Lou and Morey rejected. I have no reason not to believe him.

Our deal is more salary relief + more young talent coming back. That trumps Dallas's offer of pure salary relief. Philly isnt making the trade to "acquire" Howard, they want expirings + rookie deals. Howard and Damp would be gone next year, just like Amare would. Dallas only has Rod Bbeax, they cant give young pieces going back similar to Lowry.

The only way Dallas can put forth a better deal is by taking back Brand with Iggy, which appears to be something we are unwilling to do.

You may not think Iggy/Dally puts us over the top, which is fine, but neither is Butler. Acquiring Iggy/Dally does make us better and gets us as close as we can. If we want to contend, we have to SPEND, its as simple as that. There will never be an opportunity to pickup so many elite level players as there is right now. If we arent going into the luxury tax, we arent winning in the Yao era.

12. saleem

I never said that Butler will get us anywhere near we need to go. There is no doubt that we will have to spend if we are going to get a chance to win. Dalembert can definitely help Yao out.Iggy and he can give us a chance to go deeper into the playoffs,but I don't Yao and Iggy can fit in together. I don't know if the Dallas offer is better or not either,however I'm skeptical about the Philly Insider report. I think they want more,otherwise we wouldn't be hearing rumblings about Amare.

13. LifeisButaDream

Philly wants Lowry so no deal.

14. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Well Philly is his hometown so I'm sure he (Lowry) wouldn't mind.

15. Hball

Hball Member

Why does everyone overvalue these guys like lowry and scola, their role players if they were that good we'd be tied with the lakers not the thunder.

16. rockets934life

rockets934life Contributing Member

I agree, Scola is my favorite player but everyday that passes I come to realize the dude is history if the right deal comes along. Lowry is a nice backup pg and really a luxury but he can not be a deal breaker just not that valuable.

17. rocketblaze

rocketblaze Member

Fixed!!

--RB

18. larsv8

I see Yao as the key and the window is closing.

There is no doubt in my mind that we have the ability to get TWO impact players at this year's deadline without giving up all of our youth. When paired with Yao and Adelman we have an opportunity to rob the league of talent, at the cost of sustained luxury tax hits.

I dont see any reason to not go all in with Yao's final stint. We wont win without spending. Saving money can happen when we are rebuilding.

19. saleem

Yao is the key,but I doubt if he come through adequately after this latest injury despite reconstructive surgery.

20. Mr. J

Mr. J Member

If this is true... DM used to be considerting it and we signed Corony. Corony failed and Houston rufused that offer and is trying to offer them Budinger or Ariza?

At last, Houston call JT back to this team and renew the discussion with 76ers.

:confused: :confused: :confused: