1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Philly Eagles at Dallas Cowboys

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by Kam, Dec 16, 2007.

1. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Maybe Westbrook was trying to send a message to..
    Jessica Simpson

2. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

I wonder if he actually said, "If you get down to the 1, take a knee...Take a knee, Westbrook, or I'll break your knee."?

Either way, it's something that you almost never see on this level. Certainly something you would never see Terrell Owens do.

3. Desert_Rocket

Desert_Rocket Member

I'm not a cowboys fan, but seriously they have only lost 2 games all year. You are talking like they are a joke of a team and that their fans should be shamed. Come on. Unless you are a NE fan or maybe a Green Bay fan, you have no room to talk mess to a cowboys fan. Scoreboard 12-2

4. rhadamanthus

rhadamanthus Contributing Member

Scores and records have nothing to do with dallas fans' deserved reputation for being bandwaggoning arrogant blowhards.

5. rrj_gamz

rrj_gamz Contributing Member

Correction, that's true only if you're talking about Mav fans...They suck...

I'd rather see the cowboys lose now than in the playoffs...I think this loss will help them...

6. texanskan

texanskan Contributing Member

yeah, the reason that guy was getting crap was because he claimed Romo was on par with Peyton, Favre and Brady and that the Cowboys were going to win by 4 td's and beat the Pats in the Super Bowl

7. rhadamanthus

rhadamanthus Contributing Member

Disagree.

8. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

You gotta respect a guy who uses the word ***.

9. rocketball8

rocketball8 Contributing Member

Romo is not in that group but don't act like he is not a good quarterback. Outside of those three - based on this season - which other quarterback is having a better year than Romo. Also, remember this is in his first full season as a starter QB when is was supposed to get "exposed" because he was "lucky" last year.

At the beginning of the year there was a thread about Schaub and Romo as to who was better - how does that comparison look now.

10. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Romo=healthy, healthy weapons

Schuab=injured, injured weapons

Romo is having a fantastic year and he's a damn good QB, but you can't really compare at this point. Maybe next year.

11. rocketball8

rocketball8 Contributing Member

Those are very good points. Maybe Schaub will perform as well if he is healthy and his receivers stay healthy. Johnson is a beast and one of the best in the league. So I will take the wait till next year approach.

Point of my post was to give credit to Romo since he is having a great year - a best ever in Cowboy history which is pretty impressive considering the QB's that have worn the star. He just seems to be a part of blinded hate since he plays for the 'Boys. To each is own I guess.

12. ferrari77

ferrari77 Contributing Member

The cowboys will have to take care of business on saturday for that home field advantage. The panthers as *****ty as they've been all season have imho found jake delhommes backup in Matt Moore. Seriously David Carr will not be in Carolina next year, Moore will be backing up Delhomme and may just push him for that # 1 spot.
    I know a ton of folk w/ the cowboys both media and fans weren't too happy the team cut him at the end of training camp and i believe the team was hoping no one would sign him off waivers but carolina weren't stupid and they signed him. Even though he didnt have a td yesterday, the guy can play.
    Hopefully the cowboys get healthy in time for saturday and hopefully some other dumb team gives DCarr another chance cos i just can't hate on him.

13. hatemavs4life

hatemavs4life Member

All hail those who have crowned the Pokes to be the NFC representative in the Super Bowl! We bow to your superior intellect! It possibly could STILL happen but, if the Pack edge out your beloved Pokes for the top seed (now tied w/ Dallas) then, I don't like your chances much for an NFC championship match up in the land of the cheese heads!

BTW, way to bring it Dallas vs an in division rival. You should have beaten them to a pulp but then uh ... never mind. I guess the Pokes had to remember what was their motivation?

My opinion, the Pokes may have super talent and ability but they are NOT a super team because they do NOT have a super heart and desire to win!

Yesterdays game would not have happened in the day of Rice & Montana era's 49ers and I'm not even a fan of the 49ers or for that matter Aikman's Cowboys in the 90s.

So, what say you, Cowboy fans? Is the bandwagon still full in the metro-inferiority complex?

So, once you wake up from your super WTF hangover give us a holler ...

What's worse a team that got the rug pulled out before having a chance? Or a team with all the promise, all the tools, all the ability, all the firepower and ... wasting it when it matters the most?

14. david_rocket

david_rocket Member

Im a cowboys and the cowboys played awful and the eagles deserve to win.

On a weird note, on sunday that was the lowest rating of Romo, it was a game vs Philly and with her current girlfriend in the stands, the weird thing ws that his second lowest rating was last year vs philly with her ex-girlfriend in the stands (Carrie Underwood was his girlfriend at that moment). :eek:

So, next season when the Eagles play in Dallas, Tony please dont bring your girlfriend, is bad luck hehehe :D

And an update: Roy Williams get suspended for one game for the horse-collar on Donovan, last sunday, that was his third in the season.

Link: http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d80535131&template=with-video&confirm=true

15. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Well even though Westbrook left 6 points on the field for me, I still eeeked out the Semifinal win and am now in the finals.

WOOOHOO !

DD

16. A_3PO

A_3PO Member