1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Philly article slams Bret Favre

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by fadeaway, Jan 11, 2004.

Tags:
  1. fadeaway

fadeaway Contributing Member

2. Ender120

Ender120 Contributing Member

That is absolutely ridiculous, and I can't imagine how any decent human being would write that or allow it to be put up on the site.

3. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Please tell me that's Philly's "alternative" newspaper and not one of their main ones.

4. Zac D

Zac D Contributing Member

The Philadelphia Daily News comes in a very distant second to the Inquirer as the major newspaper in Philly.

That said, Philadelphia thrives on not being classy. No one and nothing is taboo, 'cept for Tug McGraw, so I don't know why you guys are surprised.

GO EAGLES :)

5. bamaslammer

bamaslammer Contributing Member

That's Philly for you, city of brotherly love my ass. Reminds me of the time they booed Kobe, the hometown kid, when he was playing in the All-Star game. THat is one of the worst kicks below the belt I've ever seen from any newspaper.

6. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

You gotta hate a city that makes you feel some sort of sympathy for Michael Irvin. :)

7. Rule0001

Rule0001 Contributing Member

really low-down **** from the fans of philly.

8. VesceySux

VesceySux Contributing Member

Screw Kobe. You're talking about the city that booed freaking Santa Claus here.

I'd say this article is par for the course in Philly.

9. mrdave543

mrdave543 Contributing Member

that is an awful article......cant understand how a person can write that garbage and sleep at night.....does he not have a father??

10. drapg

drapg Member

Wow.

Pure trash. I'm mortified.

11. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

Dude, that article was ridiculous. Stuff like that should only be reserved for George W. Bush.

12. PieEatinFattie

PieEatinFattie Contributing Member

Man, I knew Philly was a tough town but that was just brutal. What kind of Jack Ass writes something like that.

13. wizardball

wizardball Member

best article i've ever read.....

let the truth be known...most athletes are a-holes.

14. mrdave543

mrdave543 Contributing Member

ummm dont see how most athletes being a-holes has anything to do with the article....article is just crappy journalism and has no place to be published....how would u feel if ur dad died and they said that stuff?

15. wizardball

wizardball Member

mrdave543..

just to let you know....most of that stuff written about him are true....he's not a classy guy(AT ALL!!)....so why respect him?

as far as his father goes...there was no mention about him being a bad guy...it was about his son...nobody's dad last's forever....everyone's gotta go sometime...there's no time limit on when you should write an article about a person after his father dies.

Man take it for what it is.....it's just an article to rip on a guy who does'nt have a pretty past......no big deal. :D

16. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

What in the hell was he thinking when he threw that duck up? :(

17. DVauthrin

DVauthrin Contributing Member

You have no clue what you are talking about. This reporter gives journalists a bad name. In fact, what he wrote is not journalism. As a journalist, you are obligated to be objective, and this guy didn't even try. I'm a journalism senior at UT-Austin, and that article greatly offended me. If I ran his paper, he would be unemployed tommorrow. That article is not ok, and for you to say it is, offends me. What he said was accurate, but it was one sided, and obviously done to feed the egos of Philly fans. That guy shouldn't be able to live with himself tommorrow for printing that trash, but I know he will.

I'm not saying every article needs to be happy go lucky, but as a journalist I know you have an obligation to yourself, the profession, and your readers to be accurate, objective and fair. Russell's article fails the test, and thus he better be in hot water concerning his job security. I'm very angered by this article, and action should be taken against the reporter. For someone to actually think this was a article worth printing, is mindboggling and insulting to me.

18. Relativist

Relativist Contributing Member

If that article is truly representative of Philly in any remote form or fashion, then I'm ashamed to have been born there. I don't give a s*** whether the details are true or not. It doesn't have a d*** thing to do with anything. You want to slam Bret Favre? Slam him for his game, not this juvenile tabloid s***.

Disgusting.

19. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

That article is as stupid as that commercial where the family of bears wipe their asses.

20. JeeberD

JeeberD Contributing Member

Then why include stuff that other members of his family have done in the past? Their mistakes have nothing at all to do with Brett Favre himself...