1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Phillip Buchanon Released

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by SamFisher, Oct 16, 2006.

1. kaleidosky

kaleidosky Your Tweety Bird dance just cost us a run

just echoing the good riddance sentiment. he pissed me off one too many times last year...and then started again this.

but i will admit to liking the trade for him when it happened, purely on the HOPE that we could get someone with talent on this team (cause the only way it looked like we could do it was by grabbing someone others had given up on and hoping...just lost on this one)

2. blackistan

blackistan Member

I dont know why Duntas stickin up for him he knows he sucks too

3. JamesC

JamesC Member

Thats funny cause I was jokingly telling a friend that we need another expansion draft. This team is a mess and its gonna take Kubiak and Rick Smith some time to right the ship.

4. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

5. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

Couldn't we keep him just to return kicks?

6. Coach AI

Coach AI Contributing Member

That thread is quite a laugh of a read now.

7. hatemavs4life

hatemavs4life Member

P-Buc was not even in Deion Sanders' area code. Deion was one of the best cover corners perhaps ever he just didnt tackle. Buchanon couldnt cover and couldnt tackle so why did we get this guy again? Oh yeah, supposedly would be a shut down corner, sh*t more like an ole corner. Hell, he looks like he was afraid to put a hand on anyone afterall he might break a nail. :rolleyes:

See ya Phil and franks for your diuretic play! Excrement, pure freakin excrement! :mad: :mad: :mad:

8. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

Dallas had allowed the FEWEST sacks in the NFL before the Eagles game so your first point was right on target. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: Im a Carr fan so he has 1 fan for sure.

9. Summer Song Giver

I'm talkin bout pressure, man, pressure: I mean what we talkin bout here, we talkin bout pressure.

10. sammy

I wanted to pick on you some more since you know nothing about football. The Saints got Drew Breese and MOST IMPORTANTLY a coach that knows offense. He actually tries to go deep and isnt conservative like Kubiak. Also, the Saints got a crap load of new players....cant recall the number. All this along with an improving defense and a pro-bowl QB and running back has lead the turn around.

11. sammy

We got pressure on him. Thats why they had 3 points in the first half. I believe we got 2 sacks in the first half. I think you said we had ZERO pressure on him all game long.

12. Summer Song Giver

You act like we made a game of it.

13. msn

msn Member

No he's not. You said something inaccurate (again), and all you have in response is sarcasm. He was right; you were wrong. The fact that the game was a blowout is a non sequitur.

14. Summer Song Giver

The game was a blow out cuz the Golden boy didn't get his typical QB rating padding two fourth quarter garbage time Tds.

quite frankly I'm done with you Mrs Carr, David come git yo mamma, she's boring me.

j/k

Some of us see the light and some of ya'll think David looks good in those tight pants, it's ok to defend him, I understand :cool:

15. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

**** David Carr. **** him for letting Terrell Owens catch those three TDs. **** him for not even knowing where the ball was on all those third down conversions to Glenn and Crayton. **** him for letting Julius Jones and Marion Barber run all over the place. **** him for not being able to run block. And lastly, **** him for being too fat to find any kind of hole when he runs the ball.

r****ds.

16. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

So is Faggins coming back this week? Is that why they dropped Phillip?

17. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

that's what they're saying, yeah. that's good news.

18. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

I take that back ... <a href="http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showthread.php?p=2434289#post2434289">now</a> it's never rang more true.

It's so funny to hear this mockingly, as if Carr had nothing to do with Owens or Barber scoring. Carr's back-to-back picks in Houston territory are what made this game a laugher, resulting in scores by Owens and Barber. The defense is a mess, but there's plenty of blame for Carr in the Dallas game also.

19. rrj_gamz

rrj_gamz Contributing Member

He was horrible, but why not try to get something...Hell, a 6th round pick like Dunta said...

20. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

Of al of the moves by the Texans, the only ones i really supported were drafting Mario and drafting Dunta. I thought what the did in expansion draft was cool, but i thought peppers should have went 1st, then A Bryant instead of Gaffeney. The floowing yr, i thought the Texans should have traded down and and got picks and dr5afted Boldin in the 3rd rd. .I also thought the yr when carr only got sacked 30 times, the entire line should have reamined intact instead of spending money on Wade. Giving Titans a 3rd and 4th for babin and oakland a team that sucks in the secondary a 2nd and 3rd for Buchananon was a mistake also. At least they are tearing it down to rebuild. People will scream peterson, i will scream Clements,Turner and Merriweather.