1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Phillip Buchanon Released

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by SamFisher, Oct 16, 2006.

1. JunkyardDwg

JunkyardDwg Contributing Member

I can understand Capers...but what on earth would lead you to that conclusion about Kubiak (being clueless). Come back with that when he purges the rest of Capers and Casserly's mistakes, the team is still sucking and you might have a reason for it.

But I think you'll see this team take off once they actually get NFL quality players (aside from the few they have).

2. rocketfan83

rocketfan83 Member

I think Babin is gone eventually than what about Travis Johnson???

Casserly is unreal. He's on a whole new level below terrible.

3. updawg

updawg Member

WTF is that, how does he have so much pull.

4. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

Way to go, Charley. And keep going far you butox.

5. nigma2000

nigma2000 Member

Houston to LA " uh you can have this team, it was meant to be yours 5 years ago. It's OK we will wait for the next expansion round"

6. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

The Raiders organization is considered the bottom of the barrel. Where does that leave the local heroes?

7. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

CRIPPLE FIIIIIIIIIIGHT!!!!!!!!!

8. Zacatecas

Zacatecas Member

Unbeleivable!!!

I am shocked he got released :eek:

9. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

He was a good PR....after that, he flat out sucked. What a waste.

Atleast Cass house is being cleaned up.

10. VesceySux

VesceySux Contributing Member

11. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

Is it wrong to say I loved that book when I was a kid?[​IMG]

12. AzCkR

AzCkR Member

The Berenstain Bears? No way!

13. KaiSeR SoZe

KaiSeR SoZe Contributing Member

buchanan was an idiot...

cASS ruined the franchise

14. KMC1499

KMC1499 Member

:mad: :mad: :mad: Damn that really makes me mad they let him go. :mad: :mad: That screws up my madden i had him a free safety, now when they update the rosters i lose him and Morency. Crap im gonna look for a new team

15. rhino17

rhino17 Member

There is no way they couldnt have gotten like a 6th round pick for this guy. Jeses, 2 years ago we gave away and 2nd and 3rd rounder for this bum and now he's apparently now he's worth absolutly nothing? unbelievable. What a stupid move. Thanks a lot Charlie.

16. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

If this many Houston fans are saying "good riddance", etc. to a guy we all knew was washed up, and we all knew was a liability... why would ANY team give ANYTHING up for him?

Also, who says they didn't try to see if anybody wanted him?

We were the idiots that gave up 2nd and 3rd round picks for him... the question is, would any other team have made that mistake?

17. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

I loved P-Buc in his 1st 2 seasons. I thought he was a legit star in the making.

Then something just happened, he got a big head... full of himself.

There is one play that will forever live in imfamy in my mind.

The Raiders were playing Detroit I think back in 04, after Gannon was injured and Tui was in. The Lions looked to throw and the Raiders dropped into a zone. Buchanon saw 265 pound FB Corey Schlesinger coming his way out of the backfield. Schlesinger just kept running and blew right past him and caught a touchdown in the back of the end zone.

I could never view him the same way again. Forget the 5 touchdowns in his first 2 seasons (some kind of a record for a DB) I mean if you can't play your ****ing position get off the field.

Raiders current starting MLB Kirk Morrison is what the Raiders got for unloading his ass to Casserly.

I remember loving the trade while some of you guys acted like you had just traded for Deion Sanders in his prime.

But I'm not here to gloat, The Raiders are the worst team in the NFL right now and the Texans at least have a future.

Especially now that Asserly is not making decisions.

18. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

Even without cASSerly the future is...in the future.

19. TMac#1

TMac#1 Member

This team needs so many players..... :(

#1 or #2 CB, #1 RB, 2 starting safeties, an OLB and more help on the o-line. Gonna take a long time..... we have a team full of practice squadders. A lot of these guys like Buchanon and CC Brown or Earl or Dayne or Lewis Sanders have no business being on an NFL roster.

20. Summer Song Giver

Hard to believe he wasn't good enough to help otu the weakest part of this team, and at worst with Mathis out, he was our BEST returner.

I watched about half of the first quarter and then I switched over to the Phi vs NO. Much better football over there, watching us get rolled by Dallas was not going to happen, every team Dallas has played this year has rocked Bledsoe and we got zero pressure on him all game long, what did we have to lose, why didn't we sell out to the blitz. Sad to say but that game was the same old ultra conservative Capers-Palemr driven garbage. I'm pretty much done with this team and it pains me to say but the are not worthy of my time until they can show some kind of fire and consistency other than being consistently bad.

The fans had they picked who we wanted them to pick in EVERY draft would have a much better product on the field to this point. I apologize to Gary Kubiak for bailing so early in his tenure but a Texan is a Texan and shame that this falls on him too.

David Carr has zero fans in 4.5 years to this point, he has plenty of apologists but if he never throws another shot put pass in a Texan uniform I will not be sad at all. For lack of anything intelligent to say in his behalf I will just say, "Don't let the door hit ya where the good lord split ya."

How is a team like the Saints who were as bad as us last year able to make such a turn around?

Every year it is the same, clean house, fans will not miss one single player on this sorry excuse for a team.