1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Philip Humber Hates Dolphins

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by rocketsjudoka, Mar 1, 2013.

1. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Not the Miami kind but the Flipper kind.

http://www.yardbarker.com/mlb/articles/msn/astros_pitcher_hates_dolphins/13014178

Astros pitcher hates dolphins?

Ten months ago, Philip Humber threw baseball's 21st perfect game. Now...the righty is in camp with the Houston Astros talking about, for some reason, his hatred of dolphins.

Wait...what?

Apparently, as the story goes, the then-6-year-old Humber and his family were on vacation and his father gave him some cash to buy a souvenir. Humber, coincidentally an Astros fan, bought "the most expensive item he could afford"...an Astros ring.

Then, the family went to Sea World in San Antonio.

“I had the ring on, and we go into this dolphin exhibit where you can actually get the dolphins to come up to you and touch them," Humber describes.“The ring falls off. It’s loud in this place, and I’m yelling to my dad, ‘I can’t reach it!’ And here comes this dolphin and swallows that ring. Oh, it was devastating, man. I hated dolphins for a long time after that.”

2. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

Very similar to my reasoning for my hatred of Orbit. I hate that f***ing mascot. When I was 5 or 6, he came up to me at a game, took my hat, and drove around the stadium on his 4-wheeler flaunting it. I was so pissed off that I didn't even want it back. I just wanted to kick him in the nuts...and I still do. When they announced they were bringing Orbit back as the mascot, it just opened up old wounds.

1 person likes this.
  3. bobmarley

bobmarley Contributing Member

Post of the Day!

4. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

I have an awesome picutre of me with Tigger from Disney World from when I was five. I'm super pissed because the jerkface asked for a sip of my root beer then drank the whole damn thing. :mad:

5. newAge_Rockets

Wow... Leroy's post made my evening a lot better