1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Phil Jackson reportedly leaning towards accepting NYK front office position.

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by rolyat93, Mar 8, 2014.

1. Ismail

Ismail Member

2. Awesome

Awesome Member

Thing here though is that its really not all Woodson's fault but what can you expect from a giant ball of mess the Knicks are right now. He might be kinda relieved to go.

3. Pukimonster

Pukimonster Member

As long as Dolan lets Phil Jackson do his thing, Knicks are gonna be good

Jim Buss is a moron for letting Phil Jackson get away

4. rolyat93

rolyat93 Contributing Member

He gettin' paid doe

5. meh

meh Contributing Member

I bet Morey's offseason pitch to Melo.

"We like you just the way you are. You don't need to change. We cater to your playstyle."

There really is no need for Melo to change. He create a ton of great looks for himself and others. I remember last season that according to SportsVU plays that ran through Melo had an astonishing rate of success.

Melo's issue is that he has to force too many bad shots. That will change if he plays with Dwight, Harden, and Parsons.

6. Gertso

Gertso Member

He will be their Kevin Mchale.

7. hooroo

hooroo Member

This is all about leaving money for his kids/grandkids.

8. houtown

houtown Member

I think the Knicks are lucky to have him. Looking forward to see what he can accomplish in NYC. One of the few people i ever respected within the NBA.

9. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

They're just going to be spinning their wheels again. Nothing will change for a while. Better bail while you can Melo.

10. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member

http://www.fannation.com/truth_and_rumors/view/415254

11. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

LOL if Melo wastes more years of his prime waiting on Phil to *maybe* accomplish something

12. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

If I'm Phil Jackson I have an ego and it's telling me, **** Melo, I don't need him. I wouldn't want Carmelo Anthony as the best player on my team either. Carmelo Anthony is assuming he's still wanted.

13. BigBenito

BigBenito Member

Or his ego is even bigger and it is tell him, "I got jordan and kobe their rings, I can get melo some as well."

14. SacTown

SacTown Member

Yep. And it's crazy how much respect Phil demands. Selfish chucker Melo is willing to change his playing style for Phil but wouldn't do it for George Karl or anyone else? Kobe and MJ actually listed to Phil but wouldn't listen to anyone else? It's absolutely unbelievable how badass Phil Jackson is.

15. GoRox2013

GoRox2013 Member

He's simply playing for a clueless organization, don't drink the coolaid. Melo is still a top 4-5 talent. Writers who know nothing about basketball spend their time bashing Melo, but he's still a great player in a unfortunate situation. He DEFINITELY wanted and will garner tons of attention from teams willing to spend $$$. Rightfully so...

16. J.R.

J.R. Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Report: James Dolan blocks Phil Jackson from firing Knicks personnel

<a href="http://t.co/7i5oCJ2PHz">http://t.co/7i5oCJ2PHz</a></p>&mdash; Eye on Basketball (@EyeOnBasketball) <a href="https://twitter.com/EyeOnBasketball/statuses/458883769223491584">April 23, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

17. cheke64

cheke64 Member

This gonna be good

18. cfansnet

cfansnet Member

Two alpha personalities going at it? You betcha.

19. DocRock

DocRock Member

Woooooww. I feel so bad for Knicks fans.