1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Phil Jackson on Miami Heat: Talent doesn't always win.

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Marteen, Sep 23, 2010.

1. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

what did you think of doc rivers before he won a ring? he was a nobody. i dont' know what spoelstra can do but i do know he emphasizes defense and the heat LAST YEAR was one of the better defensive teams in the L. you really can't blame him on the porous offensive production b/c of the lack of talent.

the only problem the heat will have is the lack of a big body to contend with lakers' size, dwight howard, perkins/kg... but chris bosh can at least somewhat compensate for that.

on the other hand, their dominance on the perimeter will be HUGE.

the only way they won't win a championship is a lack of chemistry/playing with one another -> not as a great record in the reg. season and so on. they will win one latest in their 2nd year together.

2. Chuck04

Chuck04 Member

What's the likelihood of Spoelstra actually seeing out the season? How long before Spoelstra quits cause of "personal reasons" and Riley assumes the head coach position? ;)

3. BigTex

BigTex Member

[​IMG]

4. goodbug

goodbug Contributing Member

Because he didn't have Jordan/Magic/Barkley, Shaq/Kobe/TD and Kobe/KG/Deron

I think he has a point.

5. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

link

the guy was and still is a great coach.

6. fmp087

fmp087 Member

riff raff approves ....

[​IMG]

7. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

haha! i was actually thinking about this today. i give it 'till january. enough into the season to make a case for "they should be doing better" but enough time to adjust to having a new coach before the playoffs.

8. kmav23

kmav23 Rookie

no that proved his point

The USA team now has been picked and trained as a team ...with role players....

Ther previous teams they picked on talent and they lost the world championships..as they relied on individual talent

9. ApuN

ApuN Member

These comparisons are stupid for too many reasons. But in keeping with the original post, the "Superfriends" have already proved that they have chemistry by playing with each other on the national team.

I mean, really.

This is really lame from a coach who has had arguably the best "one two" combos in the league every time he won a ring.

10. bullardfan

bullardfan なんでやねん

why wouldnt they have chemistry? they played together on the olympic team. it isnt as if they were just thrown together last second. ego, women, or injury are the only things that can stop the heat.

11. GreatOne1978

GreatOne1978 Member

the superfriends never won together until Kobe got on board.

12. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

I'd take Jordan/Pippen/Rodman + randoms over Lebron/Wade/Bosh + randoms in a series, any day.

13. Spiegel

Spiegel Member

Is that why he only coaches team with max talent?. Oh the IRONY. What a hipocreate.

14. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

not sure about that one. im 50/50 on that. it would be one hell of a series. the heat are going to be damn good this season, people just dont want to accept it for whatever reasons.

15. MightyMog

MightyMog Member

I rather believe a coach who won 10 championship rings, dealing with some of the larger ego's ever and making it all work

vs

Posters who simply think if you slap 3 big name players, it will all work out at the end.........

Phil is simply stating talent with Chemistry won't win you championships, he never said the HEAT won't get it....He just said Talent won't win it.

Heat has talent, if they develop chemistry = unstoppable.

16. MightyMog

MightyMog Member

Correction****
    Phil is simply stating talent with out Chemistry

17. ubigred

ubigred Contributing Member

LOL funny coming from Phil Jackson...just shut up and coach your Lakers.

18. david_rocket

david_rocket Member

So this is good for the rockets, because they have chemistry and talent, so that means they could win the championship!! :grin:

19. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

Phil knows a lot, but his opinions need to be taken with a grain of sand, at least until he finally retires and owes no allegiances.

20. AB_ALLDAY

AB_ALLDAY Member

No New Yorks picks would suck then. They need to finish terribly this year and next. I dont want Carmelo that much. Hes not excited to come here. His wife has a noooicccceeeee ASS.