1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Phil Jackson on Dwight leaving LA

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by shortfuse3, Jul 7, 2013.

1. Rocket Freak

Rocket Freak Contributing Member

Phil is willing to coach again but only if he has two future hall of famers in their prime on his team.

2. BEAT LA

BEAT LA Member

We all wait for Kobe to speak. But I doubt he will. It will look bad. We all know the real reason he is jelly of Dwight is because he has 4 times the twitter followers. He even unfollowed him after he left LA and the only reason he followed him in the first place (because Kobe wants to be thought of as a leader) was to steal Howard's followers.

3. stab

stab Member

Poor senile Phil, still upset that he couldn't knock the Rockets off when MJ left for baseball. In fact he couldn't even reach the Eastern Conference Finals...

A dig by Phil Jackson:

The ultimate sign of getting under the Zen Masters skin....

Suhweet

4. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

Phillip is jus pissed off cause IF D12 had stayed in LA and IF Kobe came back from injury, he would take those odds (2 of the top 5 or 6 players in the league) and have himself plugged in as coach at midseason... ow there isn't a championship caliber team that he can just walk in and take over (with Jenny backing his every whim... didn't he at somepoint just want to coach home games....lol) Whatta tool....

5. redwhiteone

redwhiteone Member

I wonder what Lebron's reaction will be when Kobe will "teach" him how to win in LA.

6. BigBird

BigBird Contributing Member

Phil on that peyote

7. Dentyne

Dentyne Member

Lakers can talk all they want....

Dwight showed class wanting to tell Mitch face to face and doing just that.

I have to respect that, he took the high road.

The Lakers are still on the low road rolling towards a very steep cliff!

8. MONON

MONON Member

"Big Chief Triangle hurt his girl friend's butt." There, I fixed it for you!:grin:

Seriously though, all Phil can do from Montana is tweet about Howard leaving LA. That must be a really great vacation. Hope he has a lotta paint.

9. TJ VS TR

TJ VS TR Member

Ahhh, what might have been? What if the Lakers hired Phil instead of MDA??? We're dammed lucky, no kidding.

Didn't know Dwight is gonna pull an MJ.

10. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

You do know that the 90's Rockets had a winning record against the MJ Bulls. Even if with MJ if they had played the 90's Rockets in the NBA championship the Rockets had a good chance to win.

I know you are taking a dig at Phil Jackson but that is an unintended slap at the Rockets perpetuating the idea that the 94-95 Rockets only won the championship because Jordan played baseball.

11. Voice of Aus

Voice of Aus Contributing Member

I wish dwight turned around and replied saying "I just didnt want to play with Kobe and the rest of the LA sparks"

Would get universal respect from the twitter world

12. mhsc008

mhsc008 Member

Phil Jackson said all those classless insults just to comfort his girl friend Jeanie Buss. She is in such a deep depression due to DH12's joining the Rockets. Phil is a good boyfriend but is not a classy person.

13. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

Ironically, Phil Jackson is the reason he left.

Arash Markazi @ArashMarkazi about 50 minutes ago
    Dwight Howard told @Stephen A. Smith if Phil Jackson were the coach of the Lakers he would still be with the Lakers.

Read more: http://hoopshype.com/twitter/media.html#ixzz2YTHdbaVk

14. burlesk

burlesk Serious business
    Supporting Member

Butthurt Lakers are all butthurt.

15. lunaticrocket

lunaticrocket Rookie

He is pretending he is pissed off. But inside he is jumping with happiness. This is the chance for him to get a position in Lakers management.

16. dram1

dram1 Member

I don't see anything wrong with what he said...he was just being funny...LA is all about entertainment which he was providing a bit of...I don't think he gives a crap about the Rox or their feat of starless success in the playoffs vs Lakers a few years ago...dude can make a chain with his championship rings...he can talk all the sh.it he wants to.

17. koopa

koopa Member

It was an ego issue in LA. With KOBE being mister big shot in LA as he is and wanting Dwight to be his support when in reality Kobe needs to realize Dwight needs to be respected as a top player which Kobe never did. Kobe is a jerk but they obviously didn't get along so Dwight left LA.

18. Homey the Clown

You could very well say that MJ is lucky he didn't face the Rockets in the finals from 1991-1995. Rockets were 5-1 against the Bulls from 1991-1993. That was during their first 3 title runs. That's always ignored when people bring out that MJ baseball crap. MJ returned the next year and couldn't get past Shaq and Orlando. Bulls went out and got Rodman to defend the paint and the rest is history.

19. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

I remember how badly everybody trashed LeBron and Miami when The Decision happened, and it warms my heart to know that Houston is now Public Enemy No. 1. This just shows how prominent the Rockets and Houston actually are as far as the NBA landscape is concerned.

20. charlieaustin

charlieaustin Contributing Member

Saying "Astro" is an intentional lack of respect. Typical of an elitist attitude.