1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Peyton SIVA: PG of the future

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by Honey Bear, Jan 15, 2013.

1. Karolik

Karolik Member

There's a reason why he's second round fodder or undrafted. :rolleyes:

2. knickstorm

knickstorm Member

the same Burke who's tooling these garbage non-conference teams? (minus NC state) Who also just got shut down by Aaron Craft? Who's a great college defender, but by most projections not even going to get drafted.

3. roxxy

roxxy Member

I struggle to decide which thread is more hilarious. This thread & the Scott "the answer" Machado thread.

4. Honey Bear

Honey Bear Contributing Member

Yeah, that's a big concern. But Barea made it work...

5. Honey Bear

I don't place importance on college stats, they are extremely misleading. Ask Fredete and countless others. Why do you think his game translates on a pro level?

6. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

Ronny thread is an automatic 1-star.

7. knickstorm

knickstorm Member

Siva will come around as a sophomore?? continue to get better? That makes absolutely no sense considering he's pretty much been the same college player for the last 3 years.......you think Lin has a lousy J? Have you seen Siva shoot three's?

8. Honey Bear

Raw tools jah. Raw tools. Life isn't a story of linear progress for everyone. Sometimes the biggest playyas, make the largest leaps in the right situation. For the Siva, that's the NBA alongside a guy like Harden.

9. Johndoe804

Johndoe804 Member

I'd contend that you're the one on your ass playing arm-chair GM. Toney Douglas is a mediocre backup point guard. Mediocre backup point guards don't have the raw talent and ability that Jeremy Lin proved last year. They don't score on a level on par with Shaq's first five starts.

He's a second year player. Does Morris deliver on a consistent basis? Does Parsons deliver on a consistent basis? There is no way he's reached his ceiling, and I'd contend that Lin has all of the tools to thrive in not just on the break, but also in half-court offense. His ability to gamble on the steal and quickly recover without losing his man has been impressive.

Compare Conley and Parker's speed and ability to penetrate in measurable terms and I don't think the gap would be as large as you think. In fact, I'd contend that Lin already has Conley and Parker beat on the speed factor and the size factor.

On this, I agree. He wouldn't be a bad pickup in this regard.

10. knickstorm

knickstorm Member

Again, makes no sense. Give me on example of a college player whose growth is pretty much stunted his last 3 years and went to the NBA and all of a sudden became a legit starter because of one guy.

Siva in on the freaking #1 team in the country! There is and has been plenty of talent around him. He can't improve his game with all those raw tools in 3 years at a program like Louisville but being alongside James Harden somehow changes everything? There's nothing wrong with his situation right now except he's just a mediocre nba prospect.

11. Panda23

Panda23 Member

He is also not 6ft tall

NO WAY HOZAY

12. Midrangej

Midrangej Member

that is a damn good response...:)

Don't think he is a knock down shooter though is he?

13. knickstorm

knickstorm Member

except JJ Barea is no pg of any future who doesn't start. If you're looking for a guy that can maybe come off the bench for 20 minutes then maybe, but this guy think Peyton Siva's the future!! And the argument is "well jj barea did it!!" way to shoot high!!

14. CertifiedTroll

Peyton Siva is mediocre in college. Plenty of better prospects.

15. TRAV

TRAV Member

is he indian?

16. platypus

platypus Member

You just proved my point. Tony parker is elite now because of his jump shot, his mid range is killer. And the celtic system hides rondos glaring offensive shortcomings.other than those two, the players you listed are certainly not considered elite.

And Silva by no means has an NBA body, dude is lucky to be 6 feet on a good day.

17. desi tmac91

desi tmac91 Member

I have him in a sim league and he's been playing like an All-Star. I am sold.

18. Progs

Progs Member

Andre Hollins from Minnesota is a BEAST...

19. knickstorm

knickstorm Member

can we put this to rest now? Peyton Siva got clowned at home by Brandon Triche, who I know cause I watch Big East basketball, otherwise he's a nobody to everyone else.

That and Siva with mental mistakes and really poor turnovers in the final couple possessions.

20. STR8Thugg

STR8Thugg STR8Thugg Member

Dwight Howard.