1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Peyton SIVA: PG of the future

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by Honey Bear, Jan 15, 2013.

1. webattorney

webattorney Member

Response

With all due respect, Lin is NOT comfortable knocking down open shots. If he was, he would be scoring 15+ every game.

2. BackNthDay

BackNthDay Member

Burke is the truth and only needs to get stronger. Damian Lillard with a better shot. Not in a hurry and is best at what Jeremy is worst at (finishing at the basket). Burke bumps into bigger players and still scores. Doesn't give up his dribble once he gets in the lane and creates space easily in tight places.

3. M4-Nightvision

4. Johndoe804

Johndoe804 Member

We have a 6 year window with Harden. I don't think we want go spend half or more of that timeframe developing a point guard who, at best, would turn out as you'd stated. Terrible thread. Ill thought out. One star.

5. roxxy

roxxy Member

Lin FG% at the rim is 63%

So much this.

6. BackNthDay

BackNthDay Member

Maybe 63% but I don't think there is a dispute that right now Burke would be a better PG than Lin.

7. pnr

pnr Member

Why wouldn't there be a dispute? A guy who has played 0 minutes on NBA level is proven to be better than one that has?

8. Honey Bear

Honey Bear Contributing Member

Man, it's hard to have a discussion on this site with all the little asian guys running into threads with their claws out. Lin is a part of their souls..

What do you like about him? '13 is a weak class in general, scouts I know don't see any of the PG's panning out. Siva has the skillset and will fall into the Rockets lap for nothing whereas they have to give up something to get Burke in the first, and risk a team before them scooping him up. Siva is the future.

9. Sydeffect

Sydeffect Member

I wish Rockets are able to somehow get their hands on CJ McCollum.

10. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Willing to bet me 50k that he IS NOT our point guard of the future?

11. platypus

platypus Member

Why is this in the garm? It should be in the nba draft forum where all the other threads about nba prospects are.

Oh and adding to the discussion I just don't think the kid is big enough to play in the nba. The league is moving in a new direction and most guards are bigger and stronger. Most of the elite point guards other than Chris Paul have some considerable size, and if they don't they make up for it in shooting. Unless this kid becomes a great shooter by the draft I don't see him going in the lottery maybe late first round.

12. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Basketball is about skill over all. Always. Teams that believe stuff like this always take some athletic guy that can hardly play or think people like Sully are fat.

Any ways, YES to him! The Vipers could really use him I bet.

13. Honey Bear

Siva will come around as sophomore and continue to get better. Don't be afraid to go for it because you're too busy sitting on your ass with a mediocre backup PG like Lin. He's not going to deliver on a consistent basis and doesn't have the raw tools to get the best out of Harden. Even worse- he's at ceiling and it's not a good one. Not one that wins against playoff defenses.

Although Conley doesn't have MVP stats, he's the difference for the Grizz because of his speed, versatility and ability to penetrate. Those are raw tools that were honed. Parker is another guy who falls into this category (although he had a higher ceiling).

At worst, it's not that hard stashing away a 2nd rounder on the bench.

14. Honey Bear

Brandon Jennings
    Tony Parker
    Mike Conley
    Rajon Rondo (maybe his wingspan disqualifies him)
    Darrell Armstrong
    Ty Lawson

All similar heights and weights, or less, to Siva. The fact is Houston has an ELITE SG and good size at the 3 - size at the 1 is not that important. Speed and aggressiveness are.

15. Sydeffect

Sydeffect Member

That's the first time I heard a 23 yr old has reached their ceiling.

16. Midrangej

Midrangej Member

the guy is too short, also he has t rex arms!!!

He'll be getting blocked all the time in the NBA...

Although he seems to be a great athlete, if only jeremy had Siva's hops...

17. roxxy

roxxy Member

Just curious bu how do you know that poster personally? How do you know he is Asian?

18. RedEyesKirby

RedEyesKirby Member

I don't understand how you can come up with a conclusion with Lin's ceiling in his first 40 or so real starts in the NBA and at the same time come up with a conclusion with Siva when he hasn't even played yet. If anything, Lin's inconsistencies shows that his ceiling is ridiculously high because he's only played for so little yet showed so much potential while Siva on the other hand is still a question mark.

19. King1

King1 Contributing Member

Burke would be a great fit on this team

20. CCM721

CCM721 Member

18 and 7 on 52% for one of the top teams in the nation? He is better in Siva in most statistics by a large margin. I have a feeling Burke will be viewed highly by draft day if he keeps this performance up the rest of the year.