1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Peyton Manning

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by bigtexxx, Nov 25, 2004.

1. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

GO TEXANS! Ay, Dios, perdóname por lo que digo, pero...:(

INJURE MANNING, TEXANS! LONG LIVE THE MARINO!:mad:

2. slcrocket

slcrocket Contributing Member

I absolutely HATE the whole talk of running up the score, blah blah blah...what game are we playing here? Since when has football been a game of "let's play our hardest and be nice to each other, because we're all winners deep down?" If you can't stop Indianapolis or some other team from beating you by fifty, GET BETTER. Keep the other team out of the end zone for once or quit b****ing about how badly you suck and it's not fair that the other team is so much better.

And in the case of Indianapolis vs. Houston, it's even more ridiculous--it's a DIVISION game. You're supposed to hate each other and beat the hell out of each other.

3. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Running up the score in a division game is almost a mandate.

4. Kilgore Trout

Kilgore Trout Contributing Member

Yeah the talk of running up the score is really annoying. Especially since the Colts know that no lead is really safe with that ridiculous late 4th quarter comeback Manning led last year against Tampa.

5. codell

codell Contributing Member

anyone else watching the ESPN game tonight vs. Baltimore?

I love matchups like this. Offensive guru Manning vs. the best D in the league (maybe not statistically) in Baltimore.

So far ....Baltimore is fairing well and holding Manning in check. Should have had an interception.

6. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

When you're up 35 with about four minutes left, you can safely assume that you don't need to run trick plays.

Come on Ray, end Peyton's season!

7. codell

codell Contributing Member

lol

come on man ...thats a lil harsh

although it would be nice to see Peyton knocked on his ass a few times ...its amazing that as much as he passes, that his O line has only given up like 10 sacks all season

8. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

After his bull**** last week and his crappy fans setting up shop in the concourse after the game for the sole purpose to talk **** to Texans' fans in their own building, I don't think that's harsh at all. Maybe next time he's up 35 with four minutes remaining, he won't try trick plays.

9. drapg

drapg Member

Since I'm on xmas vacation from work, I can actually stay up and watch the whole game tonight!

Woo hoo!

10. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

So you support Ricky Williams, but not Peyton Manning?

That's rich.

11. drapg

drapg Member

Peyton seems to be "forcing it" tonight.

The offense is not on track... yet.

Come on, I want to see a record tonight! Don't make me stay up late for nothing!

12. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

I don't ever remember Ricky Williams trying to run the score up on people when he had a 35-point lead with four minutes left, nor do I recall him ever running towards the opposing team's sidelines flailing his arms around like a little b**** like Peyton did last week.

I support Ricky Williams for making a life choice that was his choice alone to make. If Peyton Manning did the same thing, I'd have my same criticisms that I have of Ricky in regards to the timing and its effect on his teammates, but I'd support his decision. It'd be his choice and his alone.

13. surrender

surrender Member

CUT THAT MEAT
    CUT THAT MEAT
    CUT THAT MEAT

14. bigtexxx

So in your mind running up the score is worse than fathering illegitimate children, doing illegal drugs and quitting on your teammates? Ok, got it.

15. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

As much as I can't stand the guy, that is one hilarious commercial!

16. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Please point me to where I said that.

Thanks in advance.

17. Rip Van Rocket

Rip Van Rocket Contributing Member

I have a difficult time watching Peyton Manning. Every time I see him all I can think about is peyton assaulting that poor girl with his butt. Not a pretty picture.

18. bigtexxx

Oh, I don't know, how about these comments that were posted in this very thread?

EDIT: Forgot to say, "You're welcome." Poor manners on my part, sorry!

#58 bigtexxx, Dec 19, 2004
    Last edited: Dec 19, 2004
  19. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Maybe since I didn't go to Rice, I can't see the special font where I typed that running up the score is worse than fathering illegitimate children, doing illegal drugs and quitting on your teammates?

I knew I should've studied more in high school. :( I'd probably understand what the hell this meant too:

Forgot you say? That must be some sort of advanced intellectual talk that I'm not aware of.

20. bobmarley

bobmarley Contributing Member

hey bigtexxx,

so does your brother post on the espn chat rooms?

and if so, why?

that first question is a rhetorical one