1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Pettitte admits using human growth hormone

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by Brando2101, Dec 15, 2007.

1. Brando2101

Brando2101 Contributing Member

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/front/5381641.html

Sounds like a cheating husband cornered by an angry wife. Sucks. I love andy and roger.

#1 Brando2101, Dec 15, 2007
    Last edited: Dec 15, 2007
  2. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

Sure. Only twice.

3. JunkyardDwg

JunkyardDwg Contributing Member

I applaud Pettite for stepping forward and admitting to what he did...whether the whole truth we'll never know, but I'd like to believe it is cause it doesn't seem to contradict anything in the Mitchell report. I wish more athletes would do the same...it doesn't bother me so much that so many used (at a time when it wasn't banned) but that they (athletes in all sports, not just baseball) keep denying it when the evidence is staring down right at them (*cough* Floyd Landis *cough*)

I think this also casts an even worse light on Clemens now, cause he's still adamantly denying the allegations. McNamee might not be a "troubled man who carelessly threw out names for fear of prosecution" after all.

4. DoitDickau

DoitDickau Contributing Member

LOL. If? doesn't sound like accepting responsibility to me.

5. Brando2101

Brando2101 Contributing Member

I guess he is trying to get people to think about if HGH is really that bad.

6. tulexan

tulexan Member

I give him credit for at least admitting it, but I don't think he is being entirely truthful. This sounds a lot like "I smoked weed but I didn't inhale".

7. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

At least he's admitting he did something. Unlike Bonds, McGwire, Sosa, Clemens, Palmeiro, etc.

8. OmegaSupreme

OmegaSupreme Contributing Member

yeah... sounds like the "quiz show" approach to me.

9. Mr. Mooch

Mr. Mooch Contributing Member

Yeah, but with all of these guys, I personally find it so difficult to chastise and vilify those who used (experimented) before it was ever deemed illegal (by MLB or the federal government).

How can anyone truly be angry at guys who were pressured into using something that most everyone was using and was completely legal at the time?

I say in cases of HGH before MLB's initial p***y discipline, let everyone off of the moral and ethical hook.

10. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

The border line players have the choice of
    1. Do it the 'right' way . . .and stay in AAA or AA ball your hole career then go get a real job
    or
    2. Make it to the bigs for 2~5 years . . .you might get caught . . .but you and your family would be set for life. . . . oh you might die 5~10 yrs earlier

They all wrong as wrong can be . . .
    I look at it like illegal immigration . . it is wrong . . and I am against it
    that does not mean I don't understand why they do it

Rocket River