1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Petition to start Isaiah Canaan

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Harden2Dwight, Jan 21, 2015.

1. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

Beverly should be a back up or he should be cut. He's not a starting pg.

Canaan may not turn out to be one either, but it's plain as day he has more potential to be one.

This is on mchale.

Dmo and tjones couldn't get playing time behind Morris and Patterson until morey forced his hand. If tjones didn't get injured dmo might not be in the rotation right now.

I see a lot of good coaches expand their rotations. Try different guys doing different things to put them in position to succeed. Mchale seems to want to close that rotation off as much as possible.

He doesn't think well. So playing less guys is easier on his brain.

2. LAFIRMA22

LAFIRMA22 Member

I agree beverley is overrated defensively and can not hit a shot.

3. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

He was good that first year, but after his series of injuries, he's no longer as effective.

It's also a contract year for him, so he may be simply being careful he doesn't get injured prior to a new contract.

We need a better PG at this point. Otherwise, Ariza + Bev + a hobbled Dwight on the starting line-up is hard for our offense.

4. Zbed

Zbed Member

It's time to pull the plug on Beverley starting he needs to put on a headband and join the Brothers off the bench. We need Canaan's shooting and his ability to create in the starting lineup add another dimension to the offense.

5. cheke64

cheke64 Member

What Canaan brings is plain old ball iq. What we sorely need

6. ksny15

ksny15 Member

I don't think anything is going to change. Morey and McHale will just keep the course

7. Teen Wolf

Teen Wolf Member

All of this is accurate. McFail is an idiot. Canaan doesn't need to start but he should at least be in the rotation for a min. 15 mins per game.

8. juanm34

juanm34 Member

Cannan should come off the bench for Dragic.
    Fair well PBev.

9. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

I'd believe that if Beverley hadn't been starting for a couple of seasons now.

10. varughese.arun

I SUPPORT THIS! SIGNED!

11. varughese.arun

WHERE IS SERGIO LLULL??

I believe that all Rockets FANS invest so much into our team emotionally.

We deserve to get an update on whats happening with him!

12. wise_man

wise_man Member

How good beverly has been? Can beverly stop curry, lillard, cp3, mike conely. For gods sake he got schooled by elfred payton from magic. Cannon was averaging 14 points / game before ge got injured. Beverly has never averaged that many points. At this point it wont hurt.

13. rustyrob

rustyrob Member

Kevin Durant would disagree

14. wise_man

wise_man Member

if mchale is an idiot for not playing cannon, then morey and les Alexander are bigger idiots to give mchale a three year extension. ...

15. Visagial

Visagial Contributing Member

Agree wholeheartedly. Canaan was a better fit with Harden and DMo. No one's a good fit with Dwight lol.

16. Rip Van Rocket

Rip Van Rocket Contributing Member

By listening to Canaan's comments after his last D-league game. It sounds like he is still trying to come back from his ankle injury. He hasn't been 100%. People are blaming McHale for not playing Canaan, but maybe Canaan just hasn't been healthy enough to play.

17. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Beverley's ego? He made it to this team by being the scrappy underdog. He needs to stay on this team by continuing the same.

18. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

I don't understand how you can be a fan of this team and STILL not be able to spell Beverley, Canaan or Alexey. It's just.... not that hard.

Re: Canaan, almost everything McHale says about him seems to be a criticism -- either about his on-the-court play, him being undersized (as compared to Shved), etc. I posted this before, but someone close to the organization also said on Twitter that the staff isn't a fan of his attitude, so that may also have something to do with it. Not sure how much he's really still injured, but he certainly can't be any more impaired than Dwight.

19. Teen Wolf

Teen Wolf Member

Can you post this tweet? I'm curious who made that statement. Thanks.

20. BigggReddd

BigggReddd Member

If Canaan is healthy, give him a shot. He was amazing earlier this season.