1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

petition to launch #FireMcHale

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RyanB, May 12, 2015.

Tags:
  1. RockingRox

RockingRox Member

That's exactly why the contract extension had been a huge surprise to me. When McHale was hired, I said McHale came for tanking purpose and Finch was the future coach in development.

Well, I guess Morey's ego is really big enough to think that he (or Rockets) really does not need a good coach. McHale can't even motivate the players to fight for him when the wind blows against the team. smh

2. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

How the crap is Les Alexander the problem?

Some of you worry me. I hope they keep you away from scissors.

3. OpportunityCost

Guys we need to stop only thinking of names we know. There are possibly other people out there that aren't household names. For example, Memphis's coach, I have never seen that guy before in my life; nor the coach for the Cavs. The point is that there are coaches out there worth a try.

4. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

JVG on The Lowe Post today:

Paraphrasing a bit

One thing I know they won't do is fire the coach, Les Alexander lets his coaches coach out the contract, I don't think they will be putting this at McHales feet. Let's not forget they are down 2 starters, made some good mid season acquisitions. I think this is a team that over achieved in the western conference with all their injuries.

Lots of rockets talk to start the podcast

5. joeson332

joeson332 Member

sigh here we go

6. SemisolidSnake

That may be an accurate assessment of Les' standard operating procedure, but this is anything but a standard situation. McHale was bizarrely granted another contract without proving anything in the playoffs (I thought Les wanted another Championship.) That gamble was a mistake. Plus, our star center who we courted for years (and who's actually playing better than we've ever seen him since he signed) will be gone before McHale's new term is up because of the shenanigans we're seeing. I don't know what Harden's terms are, but we may be in the same boat with him after a more couple years of this.

Les and Morey made a mistake. We have talent, but they're all underperforming and confused as hell out there. A lot of coaches in various sports have been fired for less than the epic collapse we're seeing in this Clippers series. This is not the time to be gentlemanly; this is the time to be in all-business damage control mode.

7. DraftBoy10

DraftBoy10 Member

Yes, fire him!

No knee jerk reactions even if we win tonight.

8. DraftBoy10

DraftBoy10 Member

What talent problem?

We are loaded.

9. NBAandNFLFan

NBAandNFLFan Member

gsw fired mark jackson after they made the playoffs
    pelicans fired monty williams after they made the playoffs
    okc fired scott brooks after all the success they had
    denver fired george karl after they won 58 games
    mavs fired avery johnson after they won 57 games

why should we as fans have to put up with the subpar coaching of kevin mchale

10. ApuN

ApuN Member

The extension is Les' idea.

He wanted to give McHale a "Christmas present".

Some of you cant accept what type of role this owner has played in the Rockets 20 years of failure

11. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Some of these fans are employed by the rockets.

12. hooroo

hooroo Member

you don't follow the nba if you don't know why these coaches were fired

13. Disciple of RP

Disciple of RP Contributing Member

Why they were fired is not the point. Why McHale should be fired is.

14. MuddyWaters

MuddyWaters Member

so thats how locks work