1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Petition to bring back the championship jerseys?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by geegee1337, May 18, 2009.

Tags:
  1. DwangBoy

DwangBoy Member

I haven't bought a Rockets jersey since the change to the pinstripes.. but I guarantee this..

If they bring back the old championship style.. I will buy 2!!!

2. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

Yeah, but like you said, that's an alternate uni. There's little difference between that and us wearing the '71 throwbacks (when we wear them). If they wore them all the time, that would be a different story.

3. petey006

petey006 Rookie

wow looks great. We should wear those on the road too because i'm sick of the red road jerseys

4. ILoveTheRockets

why wouldn't it happen? 76ers got their old logo back, the 76er fans been wanting those jersey's back for sometime now. it could happen.

5. rudan

rudan Member

I remember when they got rid of the old school unis in '95. It was was one of those WTF moments. I think it was draft night '95 when they revealed them and it seemed like that was the end of the champion years even before they could defend their title the following year. The team's identity changed the following season, not due to losing any players. It was from them drastically changing their uniforms. Was there anyone out there who actually liked those god awful uniforms? The current ones are ok, but the champion ones will always reign supreme when it comes to the identity of this team. Bring them back!

6. BigVic785

BigVic785 Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Every jersey thread needs one of these. Classic Pajamas...

7. bbjai

bbjai Member

I like the Macdonald Jerseys easily my favourite

8. BasketballReasons

BasketballReasons Contributing Member

9. Cowboii

Cowboii Member

please no, those are ugly.

10. BasketballReasons

BasketballReasons Contributing Member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I like the Home one's.

11. WhoMikeJames

WhoMikeJames Contributing Member

I really like the short decal of the curves making a U instead of the way we have it now with the curves going the opposite direction.

Too cartoonish. Gotta stick with the 'R'.

12. jwayne

jwayne Member

Where did these prototypes come from?

13. Obito

Obito Contributing Member

This one is wierd
    [​IMG]

14. Brando2101

Brando2101 Contributing Member

I feel crazy.

I really like how the current unis look. They are really sleek and smooth. The design doesn't look uniform generic while using the 1st or 2nd most popular uniform color.

I love seeing the old jerseys pop in a lot but I would hate to see them back on a night to night basis.

15. Lazy McGrady

Lazy McGrady Member

i own a new rockets jersey and i hate to wear it the shoulder poke out ughhh i wish they would just have a nore mal NBA cut on the shoulder then i would not mind wearing mine as much :rolleyes:

16. rudan

rudan Member

Its like the pajamas uniforms from the late 90s got into a time machine and went to the 70s to add more crappyness....

[​IMG]

17. RocketLegend34

are these fo real or what ?

18. onreego

onreego Member

Looks like those trade rumors for Chris Paul came true and we just became the Houston Hornets....I like the wordmark...but the logos...eh

19. wekeeptheh

wekeeptheh Member

those are all horrible....I could do no better....But wow? I say either go back to the original classic mustard and ketchup Yellow and Red jerseys, or just keep everything the same... I know that they changed them after the second championship in an attempt to use their new found nation wide fame and sell new jerseys....Bad idea!!! Those jerseys looked so dumb...But Yao showed really how stupid they looked...The change to the new jersey was frankly cosmeticly simular to a design that was acceptable to the growning Chinese Fanbase. Now we are to the point that none of these have worked if you believe in that kinda mojo....And these jerseys haven't played out a completely injury free season yet.....Bring back the old, and we will bring back the gold!!!!!

20. wekeeptheh

wekeeptheh Member

by the way.....I know i spell like a 3rd grader...and I'm good with that!