1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Petition to bench Harden until he plays defense.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by valorita, Dec 4, 2013.

1. roxfan4life00

roxfan4life00 Member

Time to lock this up!!!!

2. knickstorm

knickstorm Member

1) Melo- At least he faces the music, he stepped out and called the team a joke and laughing stock today...Harden wouldnt even be upset enough to say that
    2)nothing to ad
    3)too many pg's anyway already
    4) Harden is pretty much the SG version of Griffin. Tantalizing talent, puts up the numbers, but something's missing. No leadership, questionable will to win. But at least Griffin is ok with letting someone else be the alpha male and being the #2 guy on the team. Harden's ego wont allow it.
    5) Dude's hurt all the time anyway.

3. valorita

valorita Member

LOL at the peeps who think this is a knee jerk thread.
    Our goal is to be a championship caliber team.
    We will never be one if our best or 2nd best player is a defensive sieve (and the worst kind of turnover prone).
    It's not like Harden has played consistent good defense in the past two years.
    Playing 2-3 possessions of passable defense (I've never seen him play great defense) is not going to cut it.
    As the leader of the team, he has to forge the character and identify of the team.
    A knee jerk reaction is defined as something based off a small sample size or an aberration from the norm.
    Harden's turrible defense is neither an occasional incident nor a statistical anomaly.
    Morey has to either acquire a head coach or veteran presence to instill a toughness and defensive accountability otherwise we will go nowhere.

4. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Harden is not as good as he THINKS he is.....he needs to commit to playing both ends of the floor.

His notoriety has gone to his head, he needs to humble himself and play harder.

DD

1 person likes this.
  5. d12babymamas

d12babymamas Member

A petition is not necessary. It should be on Mchale to do it. Hold ALL players accountable.

6. yummyhawtsauce

How about a petition for a new coach that will hold the players accountable? eh eh?

7. Hmm

Hmm Member

You mean, like his teammate Jeremy Lin? Poor kid comes into the season playing hard, showing incredible improvement, takes being moved from the starting line-up to the bench like a champ, continues to be consistent... has a bad game and fans are immediately jumping from their seats, pointing fingers eager to go, "Aha! He's reverting! I knew it all along!! Lin sux!!!"

Harden comes into the season with a lot of offseason talk, showing no improvement, has a few curiously subpar games, finally lays this huge egg and the fans are quick to come to is defense, "he might still be injured! He's young, he'll learn! Just get off his back, cut him some slack!"

I begin to wonder where most fans' priorities lie...

8. yummyhawtsauce

No but when you see things like this happen to games that are winnable, players aren't playing the right way or being used the right way. Harden still needs an ego check - his ego is similar to kobe mind set atm in being the man to bring back the team. not quite as bad though, but no one wants to play with kobe nowadays. makes him not a team player. harden needs a #2 man that will calm him down or someone he can trust. coach isn't benching him or getting to harden. i also feel bad for dh - guarantee u if dh does not get more touches or get him involved somehow - he's gonna lose motivation to play and it won't be fun for him anymore. guarantee.

9. HTown_DieHard

HTown_DieHard Member

i can get behind this...

i can also get behind benching harden until he plays defense.

his play is unacceptable. where art thou Jeremy Lin & Chandler Parsons???

10. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Obviously you are being sarcastic, Lin has been amazing this year on and off the court.

Harden - not so much.

DD

11. cdblue10

cdblue10 Member

He needs to sit to learn his lesson.The OP is right we are aiming for championship,not a BS so so record.This is a very expensive team,and who ever considered the star and paid a max contract are the one responsible on our losses especially if they are playing like a scrub.If you are trying to defend Haren go ahead and go to all fan sites,Haren is the laughing stock in the nba in terms of defense.

12. Hmm

Hmm Member

I was actually demonstrating the odd contrast among our fans here when it comes to particular players... It's genuinely perplexing really...

Not sure how you might've interpreted it as sarcastic.

13. HTown_DieHard

HTown_DieHard Member

harden has legitimate superstar talent.

lin does not.

does that help?

14. d12babymamas

d12babymamas Member

it's because of your join date. 2001. can't be an ex YOF and can't be a LOF. So therefore you must be trying to be sarcastic. This is the sad state of CF.

15. texansalltheway

This is what we need because we have the talent, but there is no accountability in our locker room

16. Hmm

Hmm Member

Oh, is THAT it... I see.. I had no idea one year established a player as a bonafide superstar that deserves all the benefit of the doubt... despite absent signs of improvement the following year from the previous year...

My mistake... To think this garners one more leeway than a player - that, although not a superstar - works hard on his game, has talent, and actually has the drive to improve... But, that's probably because he has to, unlike Harden, correct...?

17. HTown_DieHard

HTown_DieHard Member

dude, i want jeremy lin back.. ASAP.

but for now, keep your lin thoughts to yourself. no one wants to read them.

18. Alon Rosen

Alon Rosen Member

Omri Casspi and Chandler Parsons(in that order),
    till now, are the best positive points differential players(+/-) for the rockets.
    With them being in the game, Houston rockets is a contender.
    without them, the ship missing it captains.

I guess that any player can be the best shooter,
    If he shoots 200 times a game... But Not everybody
    Are Michael Jordan or Kobe(at times).
    That's why I have so much respect to Lebron,
    That can shoot much more if he likes,
    but he cares more for the team efficiency
    Than to his own stats line.

Couch McHale, should do his accommodations.

Simply as that.

19. ColdspringX

ColdspringX Member

so true

20. MichaelG281713