1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

PETITION: Morey/McHale... Please play Royce White at PG in Summer League!!!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by woodtee, Jul 13, 2012.

1. grape

grape Member

me likey

2. HakeemYaoMing

HakeemYaoMing Member

I say give him some time playing down low against legit competition. Watching him now.... Has trouble holding his position on defense and finishing above the rim and in traffic.... just like most other rookies! He's not a PG right now and won't be. SF or PF fa sho!

3. Naija Texan

Naija Texan Member

Probably a year away from seeing his true potential, the team has to decide whether his best usage would be as a SF or PF, so he can get used to playing mainly against those type of players. But as far as ceiling goes, only Montejunas, due to his size, may have a higher one among our rookies if he can pull all his talents together.

4. dmcray95

dmcray95 Member

After watching todays game on dvr I think he might be really good once the Rox figure out how to use him.

5. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

I'm thinking he should play the role he played at Iowa State.

6. marothisu

marothisu Member

What he did today reminded me a lot of his play at ISU, but he was usually a more dominant force for scoring, but it happens. I think once the players learn what he's doing, they'll get better.

For example, at ISU he often would pass the ball and screen a defender or two leaving the shooter wide open for a shot. What I've seen out of the players in the first three SL games is basically cutting the wrong way when he does this and putting themselves in a position to be "caught" by the defender. They'll probably learn more by playing with him the right way to go or stay there and take the shot.

7. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

I feel he'll be the second coming of chuck hayes. Not on D of course but just the way he fits in with the team. He'll be a fan favorite, 6th man or solid starter.

He's strong, a great rebounder, a great passer and is very smart. He'll probably be the coaches best friend, always in the right spot doing something productive and helping the team in every way he can to win. I don't know how well is leadership is or how vocal he'll be in the locker room but i could see him really growing into that type of guy.

Idk though, just a feeling lol.

8. CheukLau

CheukLau Member

Seriously, the offensive flow was much better when White was on the court.

9. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Adelman would know how to use a big man who can pass.

10. jbasket

jbasket Member

does it make it any different than all the other repetitive threads about players? did I even insult/scold or mean any harm in that statement at all? (no).

11. CheukLau

CheukLau Member

I prefer Popovich :)

12. infinitidoug

infinitidoug Member

LeBron is trashy. Royce is classy. :)

13. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

Im impressed at the precision of some of his passes...its crazy seeing a 6'8, 260 lb dude dropping dimes.

14. ch0c0b0fr34k

ch0c0b0fr34k Member

Lebron? lol

15. amaru

amaru Member

Magic Johnson made a career out of dropping dimes (220 though)

16. King901

King901 Member

Iso plays. He'd be perfect for them aswell as the team. He could either finish or draw another defender to free up someone else.

17. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

There is a difference between getting an assist and precision passing.

LeBron uses his insane athleticism to draw attention away from teammates...and then feeds them the rock. White doesnt have that advantage, but uses more precise passing.

And White is bigger than LeBron.

18. ObamaFan

ObamaFan Member

Do we really have to trade these guys for Dwight Howard.. Is there any chance Bynum could sign with us next year.. when he becomes an unrestricted free-agent

19. Houst0ne

Houst0ne Member

F Dwight lets keep the current crew

20. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

This will be perfect once he starts shooting better.