1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Peter Vecsey is a complete ass

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Clutch, Dec 4, 2001.

1. SirCharlesFan

SirCharlesFan Contributing Member

Was anyone's favorite part of the last draft the Vescey Sucks *clap* *clap* *clapclapclap* chant that went down?

The last draft was the best ever as far as entertainment, IMO.

2. Hottoddie

Hottoddie Contributing Member

Even though some of the players & teams changed, it's eerie how Denver ended up with just about what Vecsey claimed. D*mn, now we have to give him some partial credit. :(

3. Relativist

Relativist Contributing Member

First off, I don't think that was eerily close, but I'm willing to believe that there was discussion circulating around the individuals named in various combinations amongst the teams named.

But so what? The point is not primarily whether or not Vescey was pulling the rumors from his @$$ as much as how unprofessionally he acted because people questioned his info. Big f***ing deal. Write and move on. Journalists aren't paid to lambast various peoples, individuals because they 'hurt your widdle feelings.' They're paid to provide info, so-called "expert opinion", etc to the public. If you consider yourself a journalist, then act like it.

It also helps not to get too caught up in your own self-image. Just because someone pays you to write doesn't mean you're better than your readers/critics.

4. Hottoddie

Hottoddie Contributing Member

I wasn't referring to his reaction to the criticism, but to the package that Denver received in the deal.

Vecsey reported that Denver would end up with Howard/Buckner/#1 pick/cash/more.

Denver actually received Howard/Hardaway/#1 pick/$1 million cash/Harvey.

Maybe, I should've found the thread that reported the Vecsey trade rumor only, but I just grabbed one that had the general trade in it. Sorry if this causes any anxiety.

5. BTM

BTM Member

How can you hate Vescey? He's hilarious!