1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[peta]Basketball Star Ron Artest Unveils New PETA Ad

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by tinman, Feb 25, 2009.

1. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

if you want to talk PETA, there's the D&D.

If you want to talk about what a leader Warier is in the community, then that's fine.

Warier is trying to make the world a better place

Warier is trying to make the Rockets a better team

Warier is looking out for his dogs

Warier is looking out for his dawgs

Warier is tru

Warier is keeping it real

2. ILoveTheRockets

in that regards... PETA Owns!

3. Microfridge

Microfridge Contributing Member

I was half-hoping before clicking this thread that he would do one of those naked PETA ads. Then I'd laugh.

On second thought, I don't think I want to see Ron Ron naked.

4. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

ter⋅ror⋅ism - the use of violence and threats to intimidate or coerce, esp. for political purposes.

If every organization went around behaving like PETA people would be afraid to go out of there house.

5. tinman

Supporting Member

That's what Ron is going to do the rest of the Western Conference.

TRU
    WAR
    i
    E
    R!!!!

6. tinman

Supporting Member

I'm dividing fans here right? the clutchfans with dogs and the clutchfans with cats

is that right rookie who thinks he's not a rookie?

7. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

PETA uses neither violence nor threats. In fact, even the more radical Animal Liberation Front doesn't use violence - though there have been reports of them harassing people and using threats.

Again, vandalism isn't violent. And honestly, the people who criticize PETA for being okay with going to jail for what they believe must be the same kind of people who criticized MLK for his civil disobedience. I hardly consider it radical to employ vandalism when combating an industry and culture responsible for billions upon billions of deaths annually. All for no purpose. Guys, I don't know how to break it to you, but we don't need to kill animals anymore. It's simply not necessary. And if it isn't necessary, how can it possibly be argued that it isn't cruel?

8. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

This might be a D & D discussion. We can talk about the degrees but to the extent of destroying property with the intent to enact political change I would say that is violent and terrorism. The civil disobedience that Martin Luther King and Ghandi practiced didn't advocate the destruction of property or the intimidation of others through force. In fact both preached not responding to force even when it was used against them. I think there is a big difference between a sit in and a march vs. torcing housing and labs.

9. Smacktle

Smacktle Contributing Member

All small tiny "YAPPING" dogs must die. :mad:

10. tinman

Supporting Member

Why are you hippies all freaking out?

Ron is just helping out the community and he loves his dog
    what's wrong with that?

I really really don't think its about PETA,

its that

YOU ARE JEALOUS THAT RON ARTEST KEEPS IT REAL

He's not boycotting chicken or stuffing food down ducks throats to make that delicious french food.

He's just KEEPING IT REAL.

You are guys who hate on Ron for this don't keep it real and probably hate pets.

11. tinman

Supporting Member

judoka,

don't read their BS, they are jealous of Ron Artest. These are Tmac fans who want a secret excuse to diss Ron. To Hell with them!

Its like that Black Crowes song

12. ILoveTheRockets

Vandalism turns violent... right after I kick your teeth in for vandalising my property.