1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[peta]Basketball Star Ron Artest Unveils New PETA Ad

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by tinman, Feb 25, 2009.

1. SBK#2

SBK#2 Rookie

holy **** i know the guy on the right lol

the guy on the left i have never seen before though, is he an athlete?

2. kevC

kevC Contributing Member

No because he works with PETA.

3. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

[​IMG]

4. HueyNewton

HueyNewton Member

wow! so much hate for people who are trying to protect animals. What kind of person criticizes people fighting for injustice against living creatures. You are not Gods. Read about all the things peta has done, don't just listen to one side, and if you approve of cruelty of dogs or any animal then you have some problems.

5. nomad_balla

nomad_balla Member

that first picture is hilarious. he was trying real hard to smile on that one

6. Zfan

Zfan Member

omg he's going to kill that chihuahua.

7. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

you're a loser if you dress up your dog.

8. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

Yeah he's a sushi-fiend. No steaks for him.

9. leungevity

leungevity Member

Wow, I'm really not sure what I can make of this... :confused:

10. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

PETA is notorious for the terrorizing methods they use. Such as throwing red paint on people they seeing where fur coats; vandalizing buildings they believe inappropriately test on animals; and other such radical vigilante attacks. Supporting the ethical treatment of animals is fine. supporting PETA is not.

11. Impper

Impper Contributing Member

Guys, I don't agree with PETA's methods or, for that matter, ideology. I think their time would be better spent fighting for other, more worthwhile causes (or not, as their tactics are relatively ineffective in the first place).

In any case, this is not the public's perception. PETA is viewed very favorably in most circles outside of very hardcore, politically active and/or interested conservatives, and it's quite common for athletes and celebrities to team with them without ever hearing a word about their politics

12. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

I fully support the effort PETA is making towards getting people to spay/neuter their pets. I have a 7 month old red nose pit and i got her fixed and vaccinated right away. I know a lot of people who like pits but don't take the responsibility of taking care of them and they and up in shelters. Sure the dog looks cool but having a dog takes time, money and lots of love. So if you don't want Ron Ron to Gerald Wallace you, get your pet fixed.

13. DFWRocket

DFWRocket Member

um..is he wearing a leather belt and leather shoes in that ad? Doesn't that go against everything PETA stands for?

14. FariyadTheKing

HAHAHA....Classic

15. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

The Humane Society is probably one of the most misunderstood organizations in the United States. If you're a dog owner they are not your friend.

If I remember correctly, the charges against Ron regarding him neglecting his dogs was dropped.

16. Hippieloser

Hippieloser Contributing Member

Interesting how in PETA-land, "pet" is a dirty word. Implies ownership. They're "animal companions."

17. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

OH MY GOD! Red paint? Vandalism? Definitely a terrorist organization. Too bad we don't have a real President like Dubya anymore. Had he gotten word of this they'd all be in Guantanamo!

Seriously, big freakin' deal. I'll tell you what blows my mind. 90% of the time, the people who staunchly oppose an organization like PETA are pro-lifers. Yet they apparently never notice that the pro-life movement and the animal rights movement are almost identical. They use essentially the same tactics and they're both fighting for the lives of the defenseless. The only difference? There has never been an instance of an animal rights group physically harming a human being. Not one. The same can't be said for the pro-lifers. So I'll say again, big freakin' deal if they resort to radical tactics like, OH MY GOD, VANDALISM! Nobody is getting hurt.

18. kevC

kevC Contributing Member

So it's okay to vandalize to get your point across? So I can come and paint "PETA SUCKS" on your car with red paint you'd be okay with it because no one got hurt right?

19. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I guess you guys care more about Peta than the WARIER's love of dogs.
    If you hate Warier caring about pets, then you hate pets.

WARIER RULES THE ROCKETS, NOT TMAC.

20. joesr

joesr Member

I'm sure he needs a Kleenex now.