1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Personal experience with Covid-19

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by basso, May 9, 2020.

?

Do you have personal experience with Covid-19

1. I have/had Covid-19

36 vote(s)
    22.6%
  2. I have an immediate family member who has/had Covid-19

33 vote(s)
    20.8%
  3. I have close friends diagnosed with Covid-19

39 vote(s)
    24.5%
  4. I know someone who was diagnosed with Covid-19

69 vote(s)
    43.4%
  5. I don't personally know anyone with Covid-19

49 vote(s)
    30.8%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. basso

basso Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

whelp, if y'all wondering whether one can have covid thrice.

fact check: true.

2. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Damn man, sorry to hear that. *knocks on wood* I haven't had it or if I did - I didn't get the bad symptoms... Probably just been lucky, I have had family members get it but fortunately not too bad.

I have had some friends that got really sick though.

Would you say this is similar to the last time - not much symptoms? Hope you recover fast

3. Buck Turgidson

Sorry to hear about that.

basso likes this.
  4. TheJuice

TheJuice Member

Sorry to hear @basso

Idk how I evaded it so long. I worked retail, went to bars when I shouldnt have, and live in a state where people dont believe in it. I am 3x vaxxed though (and made sure to take the free lollipop every time)

basso likes this.
  5. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Whelp. Unconfirmed but pretty sure I finally got it. Will retest tomorrow. Head hurts. Chills. Aches. But I'm aight. So far.

Not as bad as my bought with norovirus a few months ago.

tinman and Invisible Fan like this.
  6. Buck Turgidson

7. StupidMoniker

StupidMoniker I lost a bet

I somehow have never had it. I have had dozens of friends and co-workers get it and recover in a day or two as if they had the flu. I had one very dear friend get it, get hospitalized for over three months, not allowed visitors. She was my mentor and the first person to give me a paying job in the law. She went into the hospital January of 2021, before the vaccines were available. She died several months later after a long fight and eventually getting pneumonia from being on a ventilator.

Caesar likes this.
  8. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Not the WOKEST accents.

9. Buck Turgidson

"I'm a driver, I'm a winner, things are going to change I can feel it."

10. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Has anyone here been on Paxlovid, or do you know anyone who has been? Did it help?

11. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

@basso where all 3 different varients?

DD

12. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

I'm currently infected, and to make matters worse it's in the middle of a business trip so I'm having to quarantine in a hotel for the rest of the week and dial in to my meetings. Not fun.

Oh, and I had an uncle who died due to his COVID infection last year. About a month between him getting infected and him passing away. Very sudden.

13. Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside Contributing Member

I've had it three times. Wasn't really sick the last two times (got better in 1-2 days), but some of these lingering long term side effects are kind of demoralizing.

14. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

I think I got that variant before. One week of hell with flu like symptoms. Another following week of cold and cough.

On the brightside, haven't been reinfected in four months despite people getting sick around me.

15. basso

Supporting Member

this is by some measure the worst of the three. the first two were essentially non-events. Got it in April-May of '20, but didn't know until I tested positive for antibodies in June. had it again in March '21, but only knew because I proactively tested after traveling.

in retrospect, there were some common symptoms, primarily intestinal, and red, scratch eyes, the latter of which I attributed to allergies. and my sense of smell has been *enhanced*, which seems uncommon.

I've since been vaxxed three times. this time, I got chills, body aches, and a really bad head cold w/ cough. no fever however, and taste/smell still intact. I'm now on day seven, and still have significant symptoms.

my daughter takes an immunosuppressive drug, and has had four jabs. she's avoided it up to this point, but is now sick and tested + yesterday.

CCity Zero likes this.
  16. Supermac34

Supermac34 President, Von Wafer Fan Club

Get her Plaxovid if she can take it

AroundTheWorld, CCity Zero and basso like this.
  17. Supermac34

Supermac34 President, Von Wafer Fan Club

We took it and it worked like a charm. Within 24 hours, both my wife and I were essentially symptom free and the day after we finished the pills we were both negative on tests.

18. DFWRocket

DFWRocket Member

I had it in March 2021 just about a week before my scheduled vaccination. I felt bad at work on Monday and went to get checked at lunch. Tested negative and told I had an upper respiratory infection. Took Tuesday off and felt better. Went to work on Wednesday and worked (masked up) all day alongside other people who thought I was nuts for wearing a mask. Worked half-a-day Thursday before leaving to take my daughter to the doctor because she felt bad. She tested negative - I started feeling bad, actually worse that night. Got chills, didn't go in Friday. Felt worse. Lost my taste. Went back to the Dr on Saturday and tested positive. Felt terrible. Monday-Tuesday had a lot of congestion and breathing problems - starting getting concerned. Wednesday started feeling better. Was back at work the following Monday feeling a lot better, but had walking pneumonia for a while. I'm so glad I wore a mask those 2 days at work otherwise I'm sure I would've spread it to coworkers.

Between Nov and December 4 people I work with died of COVID including my boss. 2 of them were taking "the protocol" (HCQ, Ivermectin, Zinc, Vitamin D) before they got COVID and during their bout with COVID. None of them were vaccinated. In January my old neighbor (in his early 40's) died of COVID - I don't know his vaccination status but he was fairly right-wing.

TheJuice likes this.
  19. El_Conquistador

El_Conquistador King of the D&D, The Legend, #1 Ranking
    Supporting Member

Fatigued for a few days, sore throat, runny nose, fever for 1.5 days, back to 100% full strength in less than a week. Sexual health remains at peak. Hair continues to amaze. My body remains as luxurious as ever.

Healthy people should have never altered their behavior during Covid. Like literally all of time, only the sick/vulnerable should have quarantined. We will pay the price for this public policy failure for decades.

20. basso

Supporting Member

her doc just called it in.

AroundTheWorld likes this.