1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Per Woj : Melo expected to come off the bench

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by treyk3, Aug 13, 2018.

1. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

Oppk
    Again thats not a pick n pop lol. What im telling u is the switch with melo will be used for the express purpose of isolating him on the smaller guy so he can either back him down a bully ball them that's it it won't be a freaking jump shot I'm telling you

2. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

Melo wont be a pick n pop player.

3. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

Dude thinks melo is david west lmao. Cp3 n dantoni arent this dumb lmao. Ive noted ur post doh. U gonna be wrong brother

4. HP3

HP3 Member

Post ups are inefficient(unless you are Joel Embid, or Anthony Davis)....I'm just saying.

Also...I dont know if Melo at this stage of his career, is that good of a driver but we'll see.

5. J.R.

J.R. Member

6. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

"Of course, Carmelo Anthony will compete for a starting spot in training camp, but ultimately could come off the bench -- based on whatever Mike D'Antoni decides makes most sense for Rockets."
    -Woj

Basically, the speculation is no-source, ESPN BS as usual.

D-rock, amaru and smp like this.
  7. BigDog63

BigDog63 Member

8. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

9. fattz

fattz Member

Do we really need CP3 with 32 minuets a night. 25 or so will do. Let the youngsters get some burn on a nightly bases and save our ventage super star for closing out close games and the play offs.

hakeem94 likes this.
  10. smp

smp Member

Hahaha. You are exactly right. What a bunch of BS. I expect him to start. I don't care how many sauces say he's coming off the bench. I will believe he isnt starting when I see him actually sitting on the bench at tip off.

amaru likes this.
  11. cheke64

cheke64 Member

"Hey Cp3, they say I'm coming off the bench"

amaru likes this.
  12. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

If melo demands to start, we should bring fatty harden off the bench to secure triple doubles.

hakeem94 and amaru like this.
  13. BackdoorHarden

let's see how long this last before he goes back to, "i'm going to play my game as I have played the last 15 years. I tried and I'm going back to what works for me"

Sadboy and amaru like this.
  14. Mr.Pringles

Mr.Pringles Member

CP3/Melton/MCW
    Harden/Gordon
    PTBD Morey acquires/Ennis/Green
    Tucker/Melo/Clark
    Capela/Hartenstein/Nene/ZHOU

+

Most of the MLE for a top buyout option

Does it solve GSW?

15. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

That rotation is flawed as it’s not including Anderson. I understand we might trade him, but he would have a replacement coming back taking his minutes.
    My rotation guess would be

Paul (30) / Gordon (18)
    Harden (34) / Gordon (14)
    Ennis (22) / Anthony (26)
    Tucker (28) / Anderson (20)
    Capela (30) / Nene (12) / Anderson (6)

Give or take a couple minutes here and there amongst the from court. Melo could start too.

16. houstontexans

houstontexans Member

I am so excited. Melo will definitely be a great player next year. Chris Paul and James Harden are both very good passer. They are going to help Melo a lot. Melo's life will be easier. Looking forward to next season, can't wait!!!

hakeem94 and D-rock like this.
  17. Pat

Pat Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Got to say I think that (CP, Gordon, Harden, Tucker, Capela) is a strong lineup. All five play defense. Opponents third best defensive guard has to check one of our three, all of which can handle the ball, pass, drive, shoot or lob. Melo and Enis (I hope) give us something off the bench.

hakeem94 and D-rock like this.
  18. rocketseagles07

I do not want harden guarding 3s every night. Ennis can play the ariza role. EG and melo off the bench

HakeemOnlyFan likes this.
  19. fattz

fattz Member

Starting Melo would help build a lead quickly and then our defense would maintain it through out the game, IMO. Melo is known for fast starts. If the other team keys off of Melo than Harden should go off easier than normal. Playing Melo to many minutes is where he gets exposed so no more than 25 or so. This will keep him fresh and healthy, too. Melo & CP3 playing time should be trimmed way down. Let the youth get some time but still keep the super stars on “call”. There are only so many minutes left in their old bodies so we should reserve them. Melo being the “kindling” is a better fit for him, IMO.

D-rock and RudyTBag like this.
  20. PhiSlammaJamma

Huge mistake in my opinion. It's like starting Mr. Mean over Olajuwon. We are diminishing our our only chance. He'd be much better playing more minutes with better talent

dreamshakin likes this.