1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Per Adrian Wojnarowski] McGrady hopes to return against T'Wolves

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Stevierebel, Nov 9, 2009.

1. Manny Ramirez

Manny Ramirez The Music Man

I'm torn on this one because I have my doubts that McGrady can fit into the type of offense the Rockets are running right now. The last thing we need is for him to come in and clog up the offense, taking ill-advised jumpers and not being able to attack the basket. It will also take playing time away from Budinger which to me is not a good thing. If he could somehow accept a reduced role in the offense and try to fit into the offense instead of having the offense fit to him, then this will be a good thing. However, I don't think McGrady is capable of doing this. Yet we need him to be out there and performing at a halfway decent level so we can try to get something for him in a trade. It really is a catch 22 situation if I have ever seen one. Hopefully, McGrady can prove me wrong and make me eat my words but I won't be holding my breath.

2. hlmbasketball

hlmbasketball Member
    Supporting Member

Read the article! It says, several Rocket sources. I know you can't wait until the 18th. :rolleyes:

1 person likes this.
  3. clos4life

clos4life Member

Dude is making a "lousy movie" so people stop being killed in Africa. Have you even seen the movie? Women raped, children starving, husbands having their genitalia cut off and sent to their wives, mass genocide, etc, etc. I would change far more than a stupid jersey number for such a humanitarian goal. Calling his efforts "lousy" in that front is not r****ded, it's beyond comprehension.

Now, as far as the whole pride thing, I'm just gonna wait and see what happens. Never say never to a man on his contract year who was such an elite player as T-Mac once was.

In short: Rag on the player all you want, just not his humanitarian efforts. His efforts are laudable and admirable in that regard.

1 person likes this.
  4. declan32001

declan32001 Member

I don't dislike Feigen, but he's the most loyal beat-writer to the "Company Line" I've ever seen in any sport.

His worship of all things JVG, used to really make me cringe. Now, he doesn't bother me but he also almost never breaks any news we don't already know about.

5. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

Tracy will be back and he WILL have the last laugh. :eek: :p

6. freddyg956

freddyg956 Member

i dont know if i want tmac back, dont get me wrong i love him and hes a great player, but the team is doing so well without him right now... its a tough one for me.. heres how i see it
    in the lakers game we lost by 1 and had the last shot to beat LA, but we couldn't even take a shot, in that type of game is when you need a mcgrady type of player
    on the other hand, he does command the ball , so chase would have to see less minutes , which im not too happy about
    but then again, people are worried about the chemistry, not knowing that when mcgrady was healthy and playing he led the rockets in assists, so he does share the ball, so im not worried about him hogging it.
    if he comes back and rockets keep rolling i dont see why we would be mad, but if he makes the team worse, his days are over in houston.. guess we shall wait and see. :eek:

7. Pete Chilcutt

Pete Chilcutt Contributing Member

If T-mac can comeback and contribute within the team boundaries and be a complement to a good thing I am all for it. He is a great passer and will be able to create things for other players like CBud and Ariza. I am a Houston Rockets supporter not just of any player, and I honestly believe we are better with T-mac then without...

I remember during the 22 game win streak when t-mac was out for the beginning of it and when he came back everyone thought he would ruin a good things, he turned out to be so important..

Come back healthy Mac. We are rooting for you.

8. BONIERO1576

BONIERO1576 Member

This probably means he'll be in uniform but its doubtful he'll get out on the florr till after the MRI on the 23rd. Then they'll gradually try to insert him in limited minutes till he shows his wind is back.

9. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

DD will be courtside at the first home game wearing a tmac jersey, that would be priceless.

10. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I dun think many NBA players not to say some of us dare to go to Sudan.
    Kudos!

11. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

And it goes again - O those drowsy eyes....A mask which he has hidden his killer instincts behind
    :D

12. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

Quoted for truth.

13. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Tracy EyeLazy will strike back!

14. Dream Shake 81

Ban this dumb rookie.. you dont know ****

15. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

dadakota is mad!

16. RyanB

RyanB Member

here we go again!!! :D

17. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

I ain't mad, whatever the organization has to do to make him attractive in a trade I am all in favor of....

WOOT !

DD

18. mjharleem22

mjharleem22 Member

yea but regardless RECOVERING from micro surgery is a different subject

19. LongTimeFan

LongTimeFan Contributing Member

Not so fast.

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/bk/bkn/6711927.html

20. Obito

Obito Contributing Member

The organization will do what is the best for the team, that may include keeping him.

Love your posts DD but I have to say when it comes to Tracy, you change your mind as much as Jennifer Aniston changes boyfriends.