1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Per Adrian Wojnarowski] McGrady hopes to return against T'Wolves

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Stevierebel, Nov 9, 2009.

1. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

i'm sure he's 100% sound with the knee (look at that exercise in utah's pregame). that's all the doctors will clear.

the concerns are:
    1) is his stamina at NBA level?
    2) is he mentally confident in the knee (big thing b/c tracy wavers in his healthy pretty frequently)?
    3) is he ready to try and do things with his knee and see the limiations?

2. Kadrak

Kadrak Member

ON one hand I am glad to finally get to see for myself if he can really go or if he is washed up. On the other, I don't want to sacrifice the rotation and 'TEAM CHEMISTRY' we have going for McGrady. I don't think the team has had enough games to not defer to McGrady when he comes back. I don't think he should start and if he can't play Rick please sit him or trade him so this doesn't linger over the team the entire season.

3. Rockets0515

Rockets0515 Member

dude... lousy movie ? Mcgrady has contributed more to helping other people than you ever will I'm sure. So instead of sitting behind your computer screen bashing someone who 2 years earlier you were more than likely cheering for every single night that the Rockets played, why don't you have some respect for people that are actually doing something with their life.

1 person likes this.
  4. john_l

john_l Contributing Member

I haven't been getting to the games early - has anyone here actually seen Mac on the court? Does he look comfortable warming up / working out on his own? Has anyone seen him play recently in anything approaching a game situation? Is he still posting vid to skilzlab?

Seriously, if he's coming back that soon it boggles the mind that there isn't any footage of him doing anything on the court?

Among other things, Morey plays the secrecy thing as well as any GM I have ever seen operate.

5. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

I can't wait to see him come off the bench. This is going to be awesome. Best 6th man ever and he comes in when the other team has been worn down by our all-energy starters.

6. Nice Rollin

Nice Rollin Contributing Member

wow...forget the DOCUMENTARY....you're a lousy person....at the end of the day it's just basketball. what McGrady did in the DOCUMENTARY is something some of us will never do even given the opportunity.

7. waytookrzy079

waytookrzy079 Member

I think if T-Mac and the team says he's ready to go next week, i think he'll come off the bench for about 12-15 minutes per game and let him get his feet wet on the court again in live action. If Adelman see's progress and Mac doesn't complain of pain, he'll be up to 20-23 minutes off the bench. If he can continue to produce without pain (soreness will be there for sure), and can survive full practices, he'll be ok.

8. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

i know. this dude is got like the "stealth" mode down to a T.

9. Obito

Obito Contributing Member

If I had the chance, I would perma rookie you.

All your points are incredibly flawed.

The other statements bother me however the first one disgusts me.

1 person likes this.
  10. TheGreat

TheGreat Member

I think he has been real good and ready about a month ago but I think they are making him have practices and get in NBA level stamina shape. We'll see, I hope he makes it.

11. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

What a lousy and classless move. Are you saying that b.c you don't know what the movie is about?!? I hope so, otherwise you have debased yourself to a filth standard/

1 person likes this.
  12. rockets934life

rockets934life Contributing Member

Dude I know you don't care for the guy but that "LOUSY" movie was for a really good cause... :eek:

1 person likes this.
  13. BasketballReasons

BasketballReasons Contributing Member

OMG! Tmac trade rumors, dude come's back early to play badly and **** block it... Deja vu?

We need to ban him from clutchfans or stop posting stuff like this on here! :D

14. acjeitherocket

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!! :D

15. Jordan16Htown

Jordan16Htown Member

WOOT cant wait to here"T for 3!" :D :D :D :D

16. ak99999

ak99999 Member

Why is the Chronicle always last to update us on McGrady? Any other newspaper in a city with an injured superstar would be giving us weekly updates.

17. rockets119

rockets119 Member

i just hope tmac doesn't slow down this offence
    he needs the ball to be effective

18. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

The worst post ever, or at least a nominee.

1 person likes this.
  19. mgraye2969

mgraye2969 Member

I got to the okc game about and hour early, probalbly not early enough to see him workout hard but ill saw him put out about 100 shots which were mostly 3s with about 60% coming from abut 30ft out he look pretty comfortable on his knee and his form looked smooth as ever. The only thing that worries me is that the elevation on his jumper looked gone. Although this is most likely cuz he wasnt goin hard.

20. Jeff Who

Jeff Who Member

I am not an insider, but you don't have to be to know that Rick was pretty pissed off with all that McGrady's situation last year. So even if Morey and Alexander come to his office and say, 'Tracy is ready, we are telling you. Put him back in the starting lineup' he is not gonna do that.

He will want to see him practice, be sure that he can take part in every practice and play on every back to back.

So if they clear him out and Rick agrees that will mean he really has to be 100%.