1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Per Adrian Wojnarowski] McGrady hopes to return against T'Wolves

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Stevierebel, Nov 9, 2009.

1. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

He'd rather retire than letting his happen again.

2. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Speculating but:

1. Contract year

2. Put pressure on organization to do something with him.

DD

3. CheezeyBoy22

CheezeyBoy22 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

If he still has pain, there's no reason to bring him in. Just going to cause drama.

4. LabMouse

LabMouse Member

All I am hoping are he is going to healthy enough by Nov.23, and is able to play some mins, but the team is doing well, do not rush if he are not ready to go.

5. Jeff Who

Jeff Who Member

EASY guys :)

1) He didn't say straight he is gonna be back on the 18th
    2) We don't know if he is practicing with the Rockets or not ( he probably is if they are gonna clear him out for this game)
    3) Morey declined all those coments about pain, etc
    4) THEY ARE NOT GONNA LET HIM PLAY UNTIL HE IS 100% - IF HE IS BACK = HE IS 100%

I don't see any problems. We will see.

6. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

exactly. if he can't come back to what he once was, expect him to retire than look like an average NBA player again.

7. t_mac1

the doctors will clear him. he can't just choose to play. from the article, the doctors and organization look like they will clear him.

8. rockets934life

rockets934life Contributing Member

I will be interested to see what Morey has to say about the "pain" in his knee, could just need to play it out considering he hasn't tested the knee in 8 months. I would say Rockets not coming out and denying this along with Adrian W. track record, its a done deal in my book.

9. young truth

young truth Member

PRIDE????

The same dude that gave up his jersey # to promote some lousy movie. Who goes from #1 to number 3.

The same dude that keeps making "its on me" speeches and never backs it up

The same dude that the only season he wasn't on the playoff squad, his team makes it past the second round. And he still hasn't

The same dude that got rejected by a wide open rim

So tell me, where is the pride

1 person likes this.
  10. Obito

Obito Contributing Member

If this is true.

I'm very interested in watching. Very.

[​IMG]

11. QdoubleA

QdoubleA Member

Great team to come back against, if he can't look good against the T-pups then it's over. I expect great things. Oh the possibilities!!!

12. Hayesfan

Hayesfan Contributing Member

I think I read, either from Feigen or someone else that he has been practicing with the team.

13. Jeff Who

Jeff Who Member

EXACTLY

Last year he just sat out two weeks, closed his dorr and after those two weeks he went to the office and said : 'Mr Alexander and Morey I AM BACK'

They were like : Ok, that you are gonna play. Great.

IT IS NOT GONNA HAPPEN THIS YEAR. It is not his decision.

They see him during practices, they will do MRI (they have already done one according to Worrell) and they will take a closer look at his knee, etc. And he is only gonna come back if everything is fine. I mean 100%.

14. RMGEEGEE

RMGEEGEE Contributing Member

Do you know the definition of pride sir?
    I believe you're looking for other adjectives...
    And it wasn't a lousy movie. Show some respect. After spending however long in Darfur, he became passionate enough about the issue that he changed his number. Is that a problem?

1 person likes this.
  15. TheGreat

TheGreat Member

Wait, you sure they said he HAS been practicing? I still think they are trying to get him to game shape from about a month ago and hopefully he is not having any pain with his knee and if he is, it will go away. I'll be rooting for him and hoping for a GREAT comeback.

16. t_mac1

feign has said he has participated in SHORT spurts. i think he has already participated in full practices already with this news, contrary to feign (practices are closed to the public anyways).

17. astros148

astros148 Member

Some lame movie? jesus christ you're a ****ing moron. theres some stuff bigger then basketball in this world you *******.

1 person likes this.
  18. CheezeyBoy22

Supporting Member

My major thing is this... We all saw what happened last year. If there's any lingering pain in his knee, let's not go through the same BS that we did last year. He was cleared last year as well.

I'm not trying to be a Debbie Downer or a T-Mac hater but let's be realistic here. If the article is stating he's feeling pain, there's no reason to rush him out there.

I do agree with DD that he's trying to see what the Rockets' plans are for him.

We'll have to wait and see.

19. tmac2therack

tmac2therack Member

Alright nice lets see if he can return to elite status haha

20. CheezeyBoy22

Supporting Member

I was under the impression that he's only participating in short spurts as well.