1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Per Adrian Wojnarowski] McGrady hopes to return against T'Wolves

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Stevierebel, Nov 9, 2009.

1. HTown_TMac

HTown_TMac Member

Makes no sense.. They want him to return at one point, so to get him back as early as possible to try and get some good chemistry before the playoffs (poosibly) would be whats wanted.

Now if he doesnt come back and playing like we expect or he expects.. He WILL sit out

2. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

he's not even doing full practices. why the hell is he returning so soon? the article says rockets sources aren't against that date.

the only thing is maybe they're auditioning him for a trade. and morey does have some deals up his sleeve.

3. kevC

kevC Contributing Member

Aww man I have floor seats for the 17th Suns game. Missed it by a day.

4. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I don't want him to hinder the improvement of Trevor and Chase. I highly doubt he comes back in a Rox jersey...

5. declan32001

declan32001 Member

That was my first thought, but maybe you missed this part: "While McGrady is awaiting final clearance from team doctors, Rockets sources don’t expect there to be any problems."

Woj & Spears have gotten some confirmation about the target date.

6. worzel gummidge

Why is McGrady running off to the media again instead of announcing through the Rockets? The games have begun...

7. Manny Ramirez

Manny Ramirez The Music Man

Well so much for that theory of microfracture knee surgery on how it is so hard to come back from and takes a long time to recover. McGrady, if this is true, will be back well within a year, LOL.

Which tells me that his knee injury must have not been that serious. Hmm, just like everything else with the dude - you never know what to expect or believe. :rolleyes:

8. emmanuelb

emmanuelb Member

mac u my guy but listen u gonna have to change yo game up less turn around fadeaways and more post ups less pick and roll and more getting out in transition less loping around the court and more getting back on defense u gonna have a microscope on u boy so u gotta give it 110%.i personally think ur done but i hope u come back to allstar form please prove me wrong cuz u my fave player of all time and it would be awesome to see u back but just remember this u gonna have to change yo game up thats the only way it will work.

9. rockets934life

rockets934life Contributing Member

10. t_mac1

he had the least extensive microfracture surgery you can get. and it wasn't on any weight-bearing part.

i hope the doctors take real caution in this. from the article, the doctors and rockets appear to be on the same page.

11. Hayesfan

Hayesfan Contributing Member

12. Stevierebel

Stevierebel Contributing Member

Isn't it nice that tolerance of pain varies between a contract year and a previous year?

I don't know how much pain he has. It's subjective and varies by the hour some day.

13. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

It also varies based on how many of his jumpers are falling that night.

3/14 from the field = limp and grimace
    8/14 from the field = no limp and condescending scowl

14. Stevierebel

Stevierebel Contributing Member

And thank you YoYo for the rep.

1 person likes this.
  15. apxn82

apxn82 Member

This is how it will play-out. T-MAC come back november 18th. 7 games in the pain will come back. Game 8 and 9 rumors will fly about Darrell Morey getting ready to trade T-mac to team _________. Game 10th T-mac announce he shutting it down for the rest of the season. His ________ (fill on the blank) is not holding and will need surgery to repair it. His final quote "I will be back better and stronger then before in 2011".

16. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

sure, get him on the court so the kings feel like they are trading for a useful player and not just cap relief. it's better PR for them this way. :p

17. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

uhm cool?

;)

18. young truth

young truth Member

lol, which is why i say trade him after game 1 or during game 2, and have him shut it down for the other team.

Even if all is well, a superstar who gives up his #1 jersey that he has worn throughout his career for an afterthought movie that he made, which coincidentally is the most cursed jersey # in Rockets history #3 is a wimp in my book.

And to think I used to buy his jerseys and cheer him, and get mad when people talk bad about him. Hey Tracy pfffff

19. t_mac1

you know, the guy does have some pride. he was just all-nba 2 years ago. i think he wants to prove he can play again at close to that level. you don't get to where tracy was at without some pride/motivation.

20. Asian Sensation

Why would he schedule a date to come back unless he's completely pain free? Makes no sense. :confused: