1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Per Adrian Wojnarowski] McGrady hopes to return against T'Wolves

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Stevierebel, Nov 9, 2009.

1. Obito

Obito Contributing Member

Yeah I want to see some pics too.

He just wants to play man, he really wants to prove people wrong. I'm glad he has that attitude.

All in good time.

2. foo82

foo82 Member

I don't think its Adelman's decision. Morey commented numerous times saying that they will have that MRI on Nov 23rd. Even if Adelman wanted tmac, I don't think he is allowed until Tmac gets that MRI. I could be wrong though.

3. parmesh

parmesh Member

LOLEPICFAIL

4. tmac2therack

tmac2therack Member

Is it really that hard to move a damn MRI date up? If T-Mac wants to go, let him play damn.

5. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

I think the MRI is just an excuse to keep him off the floor this first month. The Rockets don't want him to be a distraction to the team early in the season. So, they're keeping him out as the rest of the guys build a chemistry and rhythm. Once Adelman is comfortable with where the rest of the team is at, then McGrady will be mixed in with caution.

6. MiddleMan

MiddleMan Contributing Member

Tmac is not calling the shots, he still needs to rehab his ailing knee from microfracture surgery. I say he will be ready around late january, early february.

7. smoove shoez

smoove shoez Member

That's what I don't understand he travels with the team. He works out before every game. Why don't they just let him play at least work him in slowly.
    FREE TMAC.

8. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

FREE TMAC! FREE TMAC!

9. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

might as well as just tell him to stay home and wait for the trade.

10. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

I know, me too. And he even "looked good" in Feigan's eyes.

11. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

I think a trade is unlikely. He's in their plans to return, but he needs to do it on their terms. They probably are not convinced by whatever he's showing in practice that he's ready to come in and fit into what they're trying to run. So he needs to keep working at it. If he's serious about returning, then he needs to show it to them in practice instead of on tmac.com.

They're hesitant to bring him back early, but that shouldn't keep him from busting his butt in practice and forcing them to think long and hard about it.

12. smoove shoez

smoove shoez Member

I don't see any scenario where TMac gets traded might as well just keep him and let his contract come off the books. Then resign him next season. :p
    FREE TMAC!

13. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

well, his first "audition" is monday, 11/23. we should hear lots of news that day in terms of an official timetable.

14. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

McGrady did what he had to do, set a personal goal for himself to exceed the deadline expectation (actual health yet to be seen). And to get people talking. To perceive him as just aching to want to put his feet out on the court again. Might be giving him too much credit since he's never been one for tactful measures, but clever move if so.

Its simply telling McGrady we operate within true structural foundation. Not based on your moods, uneven temperament and impulses like the previous 5 years. Good for the Rockets, who cares about his star power. Make him earn it, if not eat his heart out altogether.

15. smoove shoez

smoove shoez Member

We sure could have used that star power against the Mavs and the Suns.

16. robby_33

robby_33 Member

G - A - Y.

17. pdewalt

pdewalt Member

Barkley, maybe???

18. ParaSolid

ParaSolid Member

That's just sad. At the very least, he'll be a better chucker than Ariza.

19. smoove shoez

smoove shoez Member

Maybe next week it'll be the return of the Mac.
    <object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/twgArtVqMlM&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/twgArtVqMlM&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

20. HookemHorns1250

Whether you want him traded or not. If/When he's on the court, you have to cheer for the guy, and pull for him to do good for the team. Or you need to check your status as a Rockets fan.