1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Per Adrian Wojnarowski] McGrady hopes to return against T'Wolves

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Stevierebel, Nov 9, 2009.

1. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

WTF is that?

2. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

It's already hard enough to trade him right now. These Kevin Martin and Nocioni rumors have probably been addressed by DM to him already,if the Rockets want to keep him.

3. skillz034

skillz034 Member

im with you man

4. PeppermintCandy

It's Rockets sources saying that they don't expect any problems in McGrady getting final clearance from team doctors.

But it's not Rockets sources stating that McGrady is expected return on November 18. :)

5. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I am not so worried because he does not look as bad as last year.

[​IMG]

6. zilches

zilches Member

One of the top 60/70 players in the history of the NBA threatens to return to the court soon at full strength, and civil war at ClutchFans breaks out.

Life is just weird.

7. aloha

aloha Member

The article also says a ROCKETS sources confirm that.

8. Rox11

Rox11 Member

And this pic was taken months ago.

9. PeppermintCandy

Well, the Rockets sources only confirm that there are no problems with his progress, not the date.

The article confuses, I think, because it refers to two different groups of sources. First is the "several league sources" who told Yahoo of McGrady's return date. The second is the Rockets sources in the latter half of the article who only say that he's making good progress but do not specify a date. Small difference but big change in meaning IMO.

The way the article is worded, with Morey refusing "to commit to a firm date", feels like Yahoo's making something out of nothing.

10. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

I think what he did last year was pretty sh!tty but I don't feel like everything he does should be painted with that negative brush. In of itself this whole scenario today is a non-issue. He perhaps let the cat out of the bag, but unless he starts barking about the organization keeping him out of action, it's nothing to worry about.

11. rockets2

rockets2 Member

Did he say he's exact return date is on the 18th, :confused: . i'm starting to feel another mcgrady beardown thats unwarranted........

12. v3.0

v3.0 Contributing Member

From Feigen's Blog:

http://blogs.chron.com/nba/2009/11/rockets_97_wolves_84_winning_t.html

[rquoter]The scene before the game was pretty amusing. Tracy McGrady had picked Wednesday for his "target date" to make his season debut. The Rockets have been steadfast since September that they were not going to even consider a timetable until an MRI Nov. 23, but he had said something about the 18th and they had repeatedly shot it down.

So McGrady went through his now familiar pregame workout. He looked pretty good, too. Then while Rick Adelman was doing his pregame interviews outside the locker room, McGrady walked out in uniform, as if he really was going to play.

Adelman had already said nothing has changed, even saying again there is no timetable. Though the Rockets only dress 11 players these days, McGrady remained on the inactive list. Before long, McGrady was back in the locker room, changing back into his jeans and a sweater, and after the game, laughed at himself for putting on the uniform as if it were a Halloween costume.

"I just wanted to see what it felt like," he said. "It's been so long." [/rquoter]

13. QdoubleA

QdoubleA Member

Thats pretty amusing but kinda sad...he walks out in uniform, looks at the coach, then just puts his head down and goes back in to change.

14. BEAT LA

BEAT LA Member

Pics or gtfo!

Seriously though, wtf is up with McGrady? He's been acting funny all year long.

I do wish the best for him.

15. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Lol... Too funny. I actually kind of feel bad for him.

We could have used him tonight though Jebus...

16. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

You know what's sad is McGrady is acting like he really wants to stay and be a part of this team. And it looks like Adelman doesn't want him back.

17. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

dude just wants to play. it's good that he's able to laugh it off.

18. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Or they are very Draconian about the Nov.23rd date. It is a 'Thou shalt not be forgiven easily what thou had pulled early this year.'

19. Jeff Who

Jeff Who Member

After reading the blog I am pretty sure Tracy will be back in a short period of time. They will do the MRI and I strongly belive he will play against Mavs on 25th.

Unbelivable, Feign said he looked good.

20. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

As a big critic of him this year....i gotta say thats freaking awesome. Is this finally a change in attitude on mcgrady...he's learning to appreciate the little things? Him wanting to get dressed and play that bad actually makes me want to look forward to seeing him in uni. :cool: